Senior Data Engineer (Data Platform)
<intent> isn’t your usual company. Our work is powered by the premise that every person at is unique, possessing a distinct set of skills, personality, and passions. We embrace our collective talents to tackle technical challenges, refine our successfully disruptive business ideas, and co-create one of the most human and inspiring work cultures out there. We are a team of collaborators, valuing and rewarding shared success over individual heroics.
As a Senior Data Engineer at you’ll code and innovate on products that are changing the e-commerce industry. Our engineering teams help the world’s leading travel companies to serve tens of millions of ads every day around the world. These ads provide an exceptional user experience to help shoppers find and compare prices, while simultaneously increasing brand profitability.
In our engineering work we balance cutting-edge technologies with industry-proven practices. Our polyglot approach means you will see a variety of languages, libraries, and databases. Our agile way of working is founded on many years of experience; you will be working with accomplished innovators in the software community.
What You Will Do:
We believe that engineers are most effective when they are involved with the whole lifecycle of software development: conceiving new features designing and coding the change, testing, deploying, and support. This role is with the Data Platform team, where you'll build out systems that handle the ingestion, processing, aggregation, storage, and reporting of billions of events each day.
<intent> is looking for a bright and ambitious Senior Data Engineer to bring their fresh perspective to our team of thoroughly awesome humans and dogs.
- You’re motivated to work on a very collaborative team.
- You have experience with at least one common functional programming language (Scala / Clojure / etc).
- You have experience with at least one common object-oriented language (Java, Ruby, Python, etc).
- You have experience with distributed data pipeline / processing tools (Kinesis / Lambda / Kafka / Spark / etc)
- You have experience with data warehouses and SQL (Redshift / Vertica / Snowflake / etc)
- You are familiar with Test Driven Development and treat your test code with same respect as production code.
- You are familiar with infrastructure automation tools (Terraform / CloudFormat / etc).
- You prefer to work on all aspects of delivering working software, including analysis, design, automated testing, CI/CD, operations and support.
- You have 4+ years of relevant experience
<intent> is the data science company for the world’s leading online commerce and travel brands. Our Predictive Intelligence Platform uses patented technology to predict user behavior in real-time and identify the future value of every user. Over 450 innovative brands from more than 40 countries trust Intent’s real-time predictions to deliver personalized user experiences that maximize utility and ROI.
Our team is over 100 people and our offices span globally. We’re headquartered in NYC with locations in London, Kuala Lumpur, and Sao Paulo.
Every day, we’re inspired by two pursuits. First, we’re building novel products that are upending e-commerce. Second, we’re building the company we’ve always wanted to work for — one that’s open, human and collaborative, where very smart people come together to share ideas and get things done. We’re included on Built in NYC's Best Places to Work list and have been on Crain’s 100 Best Places to Work in NYC list for seven years running.
Love Your Job!
Our employees enjoy coming to work, and we let them know they're valued.
Our vibrant team accomplishes a lot every day, but we insist upon work/life balance so things never become stale. We don’t take ourselves too seriously, but we take our work very seriously.
We believe that in order for our employees to perform their best, they need access to strategic decisions, and so our flat structure and open communication invite innovation from all levels — ideas flow freely.
We offer competitive compensation, stock options, and great perks & benefits, including:
- Unlimited vacation
- A generous parental leave policy
- A beautiful, dog-friendly office in SoHo with drinks and snacks
- An open environment with lots of natural light and roof deck access
- Annual $2,000 learning budget and Citi Bike membership
- Access to Fond, our employee perks program featuring deals and discounts on hundreds of products and services
- Access to Sherpaa, a telehealth service with 24/7 support
- In-office yoga classes
- Company-wide social events, and more!
So what are you waiting for? Apply with your resume in just a few clicks!