Senior Data Engineer - Data Warehouse at Peloton
Peloton is looking for a Senior Data Engineer specialized in Data Warehouse to help conceptualize and design how data will be structured, described, stored and consumed in our Data Warehouse and Data Pipelines. The Data Engineer will assist in translating business requirements and prioritize use cases into data solutions. You will work with multiple teams of passionate and skilled data engineers, architects, and analysts responsible for building batch and streaming data pipelines that process terabytes of data and support all of the analytics, business intelligence, data science and reporting data needs across the organization.
Peloton is a cloud first engineering organization with all of our data infrastructure in AWS leveraging Athena, EMR, Glue, Redshift, S3, Spark. You will be interacting with many business teams including Marketing, Sales, Supply Chain, Logistics, Finance and partner to scale Peloton’s data infrastructure for future strategic needs.
- Design and develop Data Warehouse and Data Mart solutions to support business reporting requirements of different stakeholders across multiple business verticals including Finance, Marketing, Logistics, Product etc.
- Conceptualize, design, and development of data models, entities, and relationships
- Work with the Data Science team to understand data structure and sourcing needs to enable them to build use cases
- Adhere to processes and design best practices to ensure data extractions meet quality standards and are enhanced for analytical purposes to support “single source of truth”
- Develop the vision and map strategy to provide proactive solutions and enable stakeholders to extract insights and value from data.
- Understand end to end data interactions and dependencies across complex data pipelines and data transformation and how they impact business decisions.
- Develop ELT solution to load data to/from the Operational Data Store (ODS), Data Warehouse, and Datamart using DBT
- Work with data engineers to troubleshoot application problems, effectively resolve issues
- Formalize metadata descriptions and capture methods and workflows
- Knowledge of data warehouse concepts and implementation
- Experience developing data models in a data warehouse environment; experience with big data architectures
- Experience working with ETL/ELT concepts of data integration, consolidation, enrichment, and aggregation
- Strong understanding of dimensional modeling and similar data warehousing techniques
- Experience working with relational or multidimensional databases and business intelligence architectures, such as PostgreSQL and Redshift
- Strong understanding of SQL and working knowledge of using SQL (prefer PostgreSQL and Redshift) for various reporting and transformation needs
- Familiar with at least one of the programming languages: Python, Java
- Comfortable with Linux operating system and command line tools such as Bash
- Experience with GIT, Github, JIRA and SCRUM
- 7+ years in building a data warehouse and data pipelines or 5+ years in data intensive engineering role
- Excellent communication, adaptability and collaboration skills
- Ability to think creatively, strategically and technically
- Experience running Agile methodology and applying Agile to data engineering.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Familiarity with AWS ecosystem, including RDS, Redshift, Glue, Athena, etc. a plus
- Experiences with Apache Hadoop, Hive, Spark and PySpark a plus
- Familiarity with DBT and AirFlow a plus
- Familiarity with REST for accessing cloud based services a plus
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.