The Squarespace Marketing Data team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and advanced analytical models that empower Marketing leaders to make critical data-driven decisions, and optimize an annual budget greater than 200 million dollars.
In this role, you’ll report to a Data Science Manager and work closely with Data Scientists, Analysts and other Engineers to improve the ingestion, transformation and infrastructure of marketing data.
All Squarespace employees are working remotely at this time. We are closely monitoring the status of COVID-19 as we continue our work to build a return-to-work plan that ensures a safe return to our offices and provides flexibility for our employees.
- Build end-to-end data pipelines, consuming from a variety of sources
- Identify, build and refine processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, and less error-prone for Data Scientists and Analysts
- Diagramming and communicating process flows to identify and prioritize improvements
- Set timeliness and correctness goals for our data pipelines, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions
- Coordinate with Data Scientists on advanced analytical models concerning marketing attribution, lifetime value, and other core marketing concepts
- Contribute to a technical roadmap for the Marketing data program, and set priorities for work across the team
- Participate in architectural decisions across the organization, particularly with respect to the impact on data collection
- Help guide the team towards best practices, and mentor teammates
- Experience building data pipelines and API integrations using Java, Scala, Python, or SQL
- Experience creating and/or modifying complex ETL jobs
- Strong systems design knowledge; you know how to architect data pipelines and how storage and compute fit together
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive and Spark is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers is a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.