At Clear Street, we are disrupting the institutional brokerage and clearing market by modernizing archaic industry segments with brand new technology. We’re changing the way institutional investors interact with the markets; offering an alternative to working with big banks. Our cloud-based API technology will empower clients to clear, settle, and finance trading activity while accessing real-time risk and position information. Our platform is built on an incredibly modern tech-stack, by pragmatic engineers focused on building intuitive and frictionless user experiences. Our tech-infused suite of customer experience-oriented prime service offerings will increase our clients’ efficiency and provide real-time insights they’ve never previously experienced.
As a Senior Data Engineer on our Platform Team, you will play an integral role in the design and execution of our reference data product. You'll build on your analytical skills to create processes that protect the firm's data systems from anomalies, and improve the efficiency of data delivery. You will call on your coding abilities to tackle challenges of efficiency and ensure clean, correct data. You will partner with others across the organization to understand complex data-related issues and seek effective compromises. As a voice of experience in the team, you will help mentor teammates, evolve our technical standards and best practices, and further our culture of system designs.
Senior Data Engineer - Platform Team Characteristics:
- You have 5+ years of experience designing and architecting systems that deliver solutions to complex data problems.
- You have experience working with historical Market Data at a trading or clearing firm.
- You are a data modeling pro; you understand how to create unified definitions of types from different source data representations.
- You have experience with data science and statistical analysis methods, especially related to market data.
- You communicate technical ideas with ease and always look to collaborate to deliver high quality products.
- Your experience will help you mentor team members, define our engineering standards, and drive a system design approach to building new services.
- You’ve been exposed to vendor feeds in flat-file and API formats, particularly XML, JSON, and/or Bloomberg.
Platform Team Stack: Python, Go, Postgres, Kafka, Redis, Docker, Kubernetes
- The opportunity to join a small and growing team of good people, where you can make a difference
- A new, high-quality code base with little technical debt and room to build new services and features
- An environment that embraces the utility of a DevOps oriented culture and combines it with a focus on CI/CD methodology
- A meritocratic philosophy that champions collaboration Competitive compensation, benefits, and perks