Who We Are:
Ocrolus is a fintech infrastructure company that transforms documents into actionable data. Powered by Artificial Intelligence and a unique human-in-the-loop data validation process, Ocrolus plugs directly into customer workflows via API, eliminating the need for manual data work. The solution includes built-in fraud detection and analytics, enabling customers to make smarter and faster business decisions with unprecedented precision.
Use-cases include loan underwriting, account openings, invoice processing, and other document-intensive processes. Ocrolus has raised over $30 million in venture capital, backed by Oak HC/FT, FinTech Collective, Bullpen Capital, and QED Investors, among others.
Data at Ocrolus:
Ocrolus is a fast growing company with many emerging data needs. We are establishing new platforms and capabilities for users both inside and outside the company. We are building to support a wide variety of use cases with a high degree of engineering rigor as well as product agility. We value engineering excellence, automation and testing and believe doing these things well will create more long term value than simply shipping new features fast.
We are seeking a candidate with proven experience building data intensive systems to join our Data Team as a platform centric engineer and technical leader.
- Build our data platforms and orchestration tools, and help ensure delivery of early use cases for the platform
- Partner with our SRE team to ensure the data platform is consistently healthy and that its operational burdens are eliminated or minimized
- Partner with Product Engineering and Machine Learning teams to create new features, models, and products
- Partner with Compliance Officers and Security Engineers to ensure the data platform is secure and compliant with a range of security standards
- Mentor Data Engineers (and Data Scientists) in learning how to write high quality computer code
- 5+ years building software using python, scala, java, c++, etc
- Fluent in SQL or database query languagesKnowledge of Continuous Delivery principles, automation, and testing practices
- Comfortable delivering tech in cloud environments such as AWS
- Interest in database internals and distributed systems: We will use Postgres, Kafka, Spark, Hudi, Elastic, Terraform and other open source tools to compose our platform.
Nice To Have
- Experience thoughtfully implementing security standards such as PCI or SOC
- Analytics or Machine Learning experience
We’re a young and rapidly growing FinTech company - if you have ever wanted to jump on a rocket ship as it’s taking off, now is your chance!
Read Full Job Description