Senior Data Engineer - Product Data Team at Squarespace
The Squarespace Product Data team is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to create scalable solutions that democratize data for timely, accurate, and informed decision-making. The team is responsible for building and maintaining data pipelines and advanced analytical products to empower Product Managers, Analysts, and Data Scientists. They solve problems to increase new user acquisition, keep existing customers engaged, and optimize the overall user experience.
In this role, you’ll join a cross functional team of Data Scientists and Engineers focused on extracting new datasets, creating predictive models, and abstracting user behaviors into meaningful quantitative frameworks.
- Develop data workflows to ingest, validate, and model data to support analytics and modeling needs
- Identify, build and refine processes to make pipeline implementations faster, simpler, and reliable for Product Engineering, Data Scientists, and Analysts
- Set timeliness and correctness goals for our data pipelines, maintain sufficient monitoring & coverage to ensure that incidents and outages are mitigated appropriately
- Work with data consumers to identify self-service opportunities, and make sure they have access to the data they need to make decisions
- Collaborate with Data Scientists to implement descriptive, forecasting, and predictive algorithms and models using latest technologies
- Contribute to the technical roadmap for the Product Data program, and help set priorities for work across the team
- Participate in architectural decisions across Squarespace; identify strategic technical gaps in our ecosystem and advocate for solutions over workarounds
- Be accountable for technical delivery and work with your team and stakeholders on strategy and execution
- Help guide the team towards best practices, and mentor teammates
- Experience building data pipelines and API integrations using Python, Java, or Scala, and SQL
- Strong systems design knowledge; you know how to architect data pipelines and how storage and compute fit together
- Prior experience making large datasets accessible; familiarity with Hive and Spark is a plus
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform or other cloud providers is a plus
- 4+ years of industry experience
Squarespace empowers people with creative ideas to succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1300 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
BENEFITS & PERKS
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.