Senior Data Engineer - Python at Integral Ad Science (Remote)
Our Data Engineers are, first and foremost, solid backend software engineers. We are seeking a Senior Data Engineer to design, implement, and maintain big data pipelines. You will be part of a growing team to develop and mature IAS’ capability in ad verification, analytics and anti fraud software products.
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is the global leader in digital media quality. We ensure that ads are viewable by real people in safe and suitable environments. We do this through data-driven technologies with actionable real-time signals and insight. If you are excited by technology that has the power to handle hundreds of thousands of transactions per second, collect tens of billions of events each day, and evaluate thousands of data-points while responding in just a few milliseconds, then IAS is the place for you! Check out our tech blog here: https://iastechblog.medium.com/
What you’ll do:
- Planning delivery of data pipelines and API endpoints for IAS (Integral Ad Science) product offerings
- Architect and build data pipelines on the cloud (AWS, Google cloud).
- Design streaming infrastructure
- Design and implement systems for large-scale data analysis
- Build tools and frameworks for use across the data engineering teams
- Define and implement best practices and development processes
- Partner with engineering teams to drive solutions
- Participate in training and mentoring of data engineers
You should apply if you have most of this:
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related fields, or equivalent work experience
- 5-8+ years of experience designing and building data-intensive applications
- Understanding of full software development life cycle, agile development and continuous integration
- Excellent hands-on coding in Python (Java is a nice to have)
- In-depth understanding of algorithms, scalability and various tradeoffs in a Big Data setting
- Expertise in using Big Data frameworks (Spark) and MPP databases (e.g., RedShift, Vertica, Snowflake) for complex data assembly and transformation
- Knowledge of database technology, SQL, schema design and query optimization techniques
IAS strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace and the health and safety of our employees is a priority. IAS implemented a policy that requires all employees (with limited exceptions) to be fully vaccinated and provide proof of vaccination prior to employment, to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law.
About Integral Ad Science
Integral Ad Science (IAS) is a global leader in digital media quality. IAS makes every impression count, ensuring that ads are viewable by real people, in safe and suitable environments, activating contextual targeting, and driving supply path optimization.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
IAS is an equal opportunity employer, committed to our diversity and inclusiveness. We will consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, nationality, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, religion, disability or age. We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQIA community, people with disabilities and veterans to apply.
California Applicant Pre-Collection Notice:
We collect personal information (PI) from you in connection with your application for employment or engagement with IAS, including the following categories of PI: identifiers, personal records, commercial information, professional or employment or engagement information, non-public education records, and inferences drawn from your PI. We collect your PI for our purposes, including performing services and operations related to your potential employment or engagement. For additional details or if you have questions, contact us at [email protected]
To learn more about us, please visit http://integralads.com/ and https://muse.cm/2t8eGlN
Attention agency/3rd party recruiters: IAS does not accept any unsolicited resumes or candidate profiles. If you are interested in becoming an IAS recruiting partner, please send an email introducing your company to [email protected] We will get back to you if there's interest in a partnership.