Senior Data Engineer at Veeva
| Greater NYC Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 7:48 a.m. (EST) on Friday, July 16, 2021
Veeva [NYSE: VEEV] is the leader in cloud-based software for the global life sciences industry. Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, our customers range from the world’s largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva’s software helps our customers bring medicines and therapies to patients faster.
We are the first public company to become a Public Benefit Corporation. As a PBC, we are committed to making the industries we serve more productive, and we are committed to creating high-quality employment opportunities.
Veeva is a Work Anywhere company which means that you can choose to work in the environment that works best for you - on any given day. Whether you choose to work remotely from home or work in an office - it’s up to you.
Crossix Analytics is a business within Veeva dedicated to advancing healthcare marketing with analytics, innovative planning, targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. Positioned at the center of big data, innovative technology, and multichannel media, Veeva Crossix provides most life sciences companies with insights to help make strategic business decisions and drive improved patient outcomes.
Veeva is seeking an intellectually curious, resourceful, and collaborative Data Engineer to join Veeva’s Advanced Analytics team. At Advanced Analytics we build the technology and data science products that power Veeva’s targeting, measurement, and optimization solutions. This is a great opportunity to be at the forefront of innovation and help us build the necessary infrastructure to solve some of the most challenging problems in healthcare data and analytics.
What You'll Do
- Work architecting and building scalable and reliable data pipelines to support development of Machine learning and data science products
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists, Product, and Engineers to improve processes, and implement methods and features
- Rapidly build prototype solutions, communicate findings, iterate
- Use technologies like AWS, Spark, Python, R, SQL, and Git in addition to proprietary data mining software on a daily basis
What You've Done
- 5+ years of hands-on experience working as a Data Engineer
- Degree in a relevant technical field (Machine Learning, Computer Science, Engineering, Operations Research, etc)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams, building machine learning pipelines
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL
- Proficient in Git
- Experience working with AWS environment and distributed execution frameworks like Spark
- Strong communication skills
Nice to Have
- Familiar with workflow management tools (Airflow, Luigi, etc)
- Background in data warehouse concept and design
Perks & Benefits
- Flexible PTO
- Allocations for continuous learning and development
- Health & wellness programs
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances.