Senior Data Engineer at Angi
Angi® is the home for everything home. From repairs and renovations to products and financing, Angi is transforming every touch point in home services. With over 25 years of experience and a network of nearly 250,000 pros, we have helped more than 150 million people with their home needs. Our products and technology help our customers love where they live while helping small businesses grow and thrive. We believe the home is the most important place on earth and we are at the beginning of our ambitious journey to redefine how people care for their homes - join us!
The Team and Role
Angi is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to play a key role on the Data Engineering team. The successful candidate will develop and maintain strong relationships with teammates while ensuring delivery of high quality Engineering solutions. The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for:
- Establishing and instilling innovative practices, patterns, and toolkits to deliver enterprise-grade data assets.
- Interact closely with stakeholders to determine analytics needs and translate those into efficient and scalable data processes
- Partnering with passionate counterparts to deliver awesomeness and continuously evaluate the best way to deliver short-term and long-term solutions
The folks in this role are usually successful when they have experience in:
- Extensive hands on experience in developing reusable data integration and streaming platforms using Python or another comparable language
- Broad knowledge of data infrastructure ecosystem
- Experience with modern cloud database platforms, such as Snowflake or Redshift
- Strong Analytical and SQL skills with demonstrated strength in data modeling, ELT development, and data warehousing
- Experience with GitLab, CI/CD workflows, AWS services, containerization (Docker), Grafana, and orchestration tools
- Proven track record of sharing outcomes through written communication, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from 100k-210k, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy: work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world