Senior Data Engineer at Hinge (Greater NYC Area, NY)
As a Senior Data Engineer at Hinge, you will create components of a modern data platform that will be the foundation of Hinge’s decision-making ability. The systems you help create, the problems you help solve, and the support of our analytical minds, will be pivotal to the success of Hinge.
This role is key to the success of Hinge. Not only will they help power the love lives of tons of people, but they will play a critical part in the functioning of every team at Hinge, with stakeholders ranging from customer experience, marketing, product, and leadership.
The Senior Data Engineer will be implementing critical data pipelines, and innovating and improving infrastructure to support these pipelines while advancing best practices for not only the Data Engineering team, but the rest of the organization. They will be working on delivering an actual big data architecture while concentrating on real-world problems such as privacy concerns.
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure data is flowing accurately through data creation to our presentation layers.
- Become an advocate for the Data Engineering team by developing and championing Data Engineering practices with the team and with the company at large.
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, and more.
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables.
- Lead infrastructure initiatives; from design to implementation to delivery.
What We're Looking For:
- Expertise in Python, SQL, DevOps, and databases.
- Experience utilizing multiple programming paradigms, specifically functional and object-oriented.
- Familiar with data modeling and data governance concepts, and agile methodologies.
- 5+ years of professional/industry experience.
- Proven ability to drive initiatives and articulate their value to Engineering and other stakeholders.
- Experience delivering data products from conception to delivery.
- Great communication skills (written/verbal).
- Passionate about designing elegant data infrastructure and pipelines.
- Familiarity with our stack: Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, Kafka, Airflow, Hive, dbt, Looker, and AWS technologies (S3, Redshift), CI/CD technologies (CircleCI).
The salary range for this position is $175,000 - $215,000. Factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, as well as market and business considerations may influence base pay offered. This salary range is reflective of a position based in New York City. This salary will be subject to a geographic adjustment (according to a specific city and state), if an authorization is granted to work outside of the location listed in this posting.
Hinge is the dating app designed to be deleted. In today’s digital world, singles are so focused on sending likes and looking through profiles that they’re not actually building meaningful connections and finding relationships. Hinge is on a mission to change that by designing the most effective app experience. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll have unique conversations over the text, photos, and audio you’ve shared on your profile. And it’s resonating with daters. Currently we’re setting up a date every three seconds.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.