Senior Data Engineer at Harry's
About the Role
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will be responsible for building and maintaining scalable data pipelines to support a variety of business needs. You will participate in the construction and maintenance of Harry’s Data Lake and DWH. You will report to the Senior Manager of Data Engineering.
About the Team
Data plays an integral role at Harry’s, for example in messaging customers, optimizing acquisition channels, or forecasting demand. The infrastructure and applications that you'll build on the Data Engineering team will power decisions, become multipliers on our revenue and traffic, and help us work more efficiently.
We are responsible for loading upstream data into our data warehouse, for retrieving third-party data, and for maintaining our own infrastructure in the cloud.
What you’ll do:
- Build data pipelines and 3rd party integrations
- Partner with data scientists, data analysts and business users in enabling data driven decisioning including data wrangling, ad-hoc queries and supporting ML modeling
- Design and implement tools for ongoing data quality monitoring and alerting as we scale our infrastructure to support additional brands, systems and geographies.
Who you are:
- 1-3 years of experience in the field of business intelligence, application development, database development and ETL and/or data analysis domains with strong Hadoop, Hive and/or Spark knowledge
- 1-3 years hands-on experience with Python or Scala
- Strong command of SQL
- Experience with streaming architectures
- You are curious about software and how things work, you work to understand technical problems deeply, and you stay current.
- You are able to productively collaborate with business users, data analysts, and data scientists. You invest in the success of your teammates, cross-functional partners and projects.
- Knowledge of NoSql DBs
What we use:
- AWS (Redshift, EMR, S3, Athena, Kinesis, Lambda )
- Devops skills: Ansible, Docker
- Working with BI tools, as user or backend (e.g Tableau, Looker)
- Agile experience
Harry’s is a men’s grooming brand that was built out of respect for quality craftsmanship, simple design, modern convenience and for guys who know they shouldn’t have to overpay for a great shave. We are able to deliver exceptional value and experiences to our customers because we are vertically integrated. From grinding steel into fine razors blades at our factory in Germany to selling our products directly to customers on our website and select retailers, we own the entire process.
Since launching in early 2013, we have been blown away by the customer response to our brand. Today, we have over 3 million customers and are growing fast. We’re always looking to bring amazing people, like you, together to redefine the way people interact with brands online and in stores across the country. We have recently raised additional funding to help us develop brands beyond men’s grooming which will expand needs and possibilities for Data Engineering.
Harry’s is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.