Senior Data Engineer
About the Company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Engineer to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. In this role, you will be a key member of our Data Science team. It is crucial that you have experience using diverse data sets – we leverage a wide variety of healthcare sets at Covera Health. We know you will be fluent in Python, SQL, PostgreSQL, AWS resources, and related languages and tools.
You will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented data scientists, statisticians, and computer vision researchers to leverage unique healthcare data (in the form of advanced imaging, clinical reports, claims data, and beyond) in creating analytics environments, data pipelines, and advanced analytics models that will automate image analysis, diagnosis, and even identify diagnostic errors in clinical reports.
As a Senior Data Engineer, your responsibilities will include helping to further develop, manage, and deploy data in our analytics environment and support the infrastructure that powers our work. You will be helping to ensure that our analytics pipelines leverage the best technology and reliably ETL our data, execute our models, and generate our reports and dashboards. You will also have the opportunity to support our healthcare research studies and clinical data handling workflows.
You will be expected to:
- Work with a variety of healthcare data, including: longitudinal claims data, healthcare provider profile data, medical images, medical reports, and proprietary diagnostic imaging exam quality assessment data
- Pipeline, maintain, enhance, and deploy data, contributing to the enhancement and extension of our data analytics
- Support the preparation and generation of reports to communicate our analysis to colleagues and clients
- Assist with communication of results of analysis and research projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Collaborate with all data science team members and other colleagues on data analysis projects and research activities
- Help shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities for research, data, and development
- Two to three year’s work experience as a data engineer or in a role with responsibilities including:
- Design, implementation, and maintenance/management of cloud-based analytics environment in AWS
- Implementation and management of SQL databases
- Implementation and management of data pipelines for ETL and report generation
- Implementation and management of AWS-hosted dashboards
- Scripting in Python
- BS or Masters degree in computer science or related field
- Experience working with medical data (DICOM images, free-text medical reports, knowledge about data security requirements / HIPAA) is a plus
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!