Senior Data Engineer at Hinge
Hinge is looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join the team. As a Senior Data Engineer at Hinge, you will create components of a modern data pipeline that will be the foundation of Hinge’s decision-making ability. The systems you help create, the problems you help solve, and the support of our analytical minds will be pivotal to the success of Hinge. This role is key to the success of Data Engineering at Hinge. The Senior Data Engineer will be implementing critical pipelines and advancing best practices for not only the data engineering team, but the rest of the organization.Responsibilities
- Work with our Engineering teams to ensure data is flowing accurately through data creation to our presentation layers.
- Become an advocate for the Data Engineering team by developing and championing Data Engineering practices with the team and with the company at large.
- Create foundational Airflow operators.
- Improve our Data Engineering stack through containerization, data modeling, developing our ETL pipelines, and more.
- Work with stakeholders and translate their needs and expectations into action items and deliverables
- Expertise in Python, SQL, shell scripting, and databases.
- +5 years of professional/industry experience.
- Capability to drive initiatives and articulate their value to Engineering and other stakeholders.
- Experience delivering data products from conception to delivery.
- Good communication skills (written/verbal).
- Passionate about designing elegant ETL pipelines.
- Used Looker, Redshift, Airflow.
- Familiar with data vault modeling, Agile methodologies, Kubernetes, Docker, & data governance.
- Learning about the Data Engineering business needs/data needed of Hinge.
- Work with internal stakeholders like Marketing, Member Services, and SRE to get a sense of data needs and roadmap.
- Delve into a portion of our data pipeline and develop a working beta of a system they identify with the team needs support.
We believe the quality of your relationships determines the quality of your life. So when it comes to your most important relationship, it makes sense to take a more thoughtful approach. Hinge provides an alternative to swipe culture by creating smart matches and natural conversations among people who are on the same page. That’s why 75% of our first dates turn into second dates, and why we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the NYTimes Wedding section. Hinge is where the next generation is going when they’re over dating games and ready to find meaningful connections.Our Culture
- Open: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Candid: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly, in real time.
- Kind: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
- Engaged: Be self-empowered, purposeful and involved. Lean in and be the solution.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.