At DailyPay, we are helping to reinvent the employee experience, starting with its most basic component — pay. We do this by disrupting archaic and transactional payroll processes and creating innovative ways for employees to access and save their earned income, before payday. Through engaging and enriching relationships with our partners, we have become the leader in providing employees on-demand access to their earned income — across all industries — allowing them to exert greater control over their pay and to improve their financial health.
Our mission is made possible by DailyPay’s most important asset: our people. We come together through collaboration and ambition in a team-driven culture. Through the success of our product, we have seen monumental growth in our workforce, and we constantly look for exceptional talent to join us. At DailyPay, you are challenged with dynamic tasks that drive your professional development and career growth. Join us on our journey to deliver an innovative pay experience and to empower America’s workforce with the ability to truly harness the power of their pay and take control of their financial lives.The Role
DailyPay is seeking a strong hands-on Data Engineer to join our Engineering team to drive our efforts in architecting, building and managing data warehouses. This person will expand and optimize our data and data pipeline architecture and will be responsible for optimizing data flow and collection for cross functional teams. The Data Engineer will work with software developers, database architects, data analysts and data scientists on various data initiatives and will ensure that our data architecture is consistent, efficient and scalable across multiple projects.Responsibilities
- Develop and deliver scalable solutions to collect, prepare and make data available for various data engineering projects around data management and analytics products.
- Create short-term tactical solutions to achieve long-term objectives and an overall data management roadmap relating to DailyPay data warehouse.
- Build the infrastructure required for extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and cloud-agnostic technologies.
- Establish methods and procedures for tracking data quality, completeness, redundancy, and improvement.
- Create strategies and plans for data security, backup, disaster recovery, business continuity, and archiving.
- Develop and promote data management methodologies and standards.
- Select and implement the appropriate tools, software, applications, and systems to support data technology goals.
- Oversee the mapping of data sources, data movement, interfaces, and analytics, with the goal of ensuring data quality.
- Collaborate with project managers and business unit leaders for all projects involving enterprise data.
- Address data-related problems in regards to systems integration, compatibility, and multiple-platform integration.
- Develop and implement key components as needed to create testing criteria in order to guarantee the fidelity and performance of data architecture.
- Document the data architecture and environment to maintain a current and accurate view of the larger data picture.
- Several years of progressive work experience in data engineering, including data architecture, data management, data mining, and large-scale data modeling.
- Direct experience in implementing data pipelines, datasets and data management processes.
- Hands-on knowledge of enterprise repository tools, data modeling tools, data mapping tools, and data profiling tools.
- Demonstrated expertise with repository creation, and data and information system life cycle methodologies.
- Ability to manage data and metadata migration.
- Experience in Data Warehousing, Data Lake buildouts and ETL tools. Knowledge of Snowflake is a plus.
- Excellent client/user interaction skills to determine requirements.
- Experience working in cloud-based environments such as AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience with SQL RDBMS (Postgres, etc.) and programming languages (Ruby, Python, etc.).
- Experience with code development and quality assurance testing concepts
- Good knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws a plus.
- Competitive compensation
- Exceptional health, vision, and dental care
- Employee Resource Groups
- Fun company outings and events
- Unlimited books from Amazon
- Unlimited PTO
- 401K with company match
DailyPay is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion or creed, alienage or citizenship status, political affiliation, marital or partnership status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, veteran status, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, childbirth (or related medical conditions), sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, genetic disorder, genetic predisposition, carrier status, military status, familial status, or domestic violence victim status and any other basis protected under federal, state, or local laws.