Movable Ink is a software company that provides marketers with technology and expert services to create unique customer experiences. Founded in 2010, Movable Ink pioneered contextual experiences in email and has powered over 1.5 trillion content impressions worldwide. More than 700 of the world’s most innovative brands rely on Movable Ink to create unique, relevant, and compelling visual experiences across email and web at the moment of engagement.
As a Data Engineer, you will help drive the direction of our Data Warehouse, and be hands on with teammates across all departments to enable access to our data and empower teams to make data driven decisions about the direction of our business. Movable Ink collects campaign data resulting from Billions of requests served each day. Come and help us manage and make sense of the massive amount of data we’re ingesting!
- Drive direction and adoption of our enterprise-wide Data Warehouse
- Partner with Data Scientists to support AI initiatives
- Implement and test ETL pipelines feeding into the Data Warehouse
- Maintain and extend our Data Warehouse infrastructure, including Redshift, S3, EMR, and Airflow
- Improve the tooling and automation of our Data Warehouse infrastructure to minimize manual work, increase performance, and decrease the frequency and severity of incidents
- Work with the rest of the SRE team to ensure smooth, continued delivery of our service to clients
- 4+ years experience as a Data Engineer, with a focus on Cloud-based Data Warehouse platforms, e.g. Redshift, Snowflake, Firebolt, BigQuery
- Experience dealing with multi-terabyte, mission-critical databases
- Strong experience building tooling and automation for database management and maintenance. Chef and Terraform experience is a major plus.
- Experience with one or more high level programming languages and a willingness to learn and use NodeJS, Ruby, and Shell Scripting
- Linux experience (Ubuntu/Debian) is a plus