Knotch is the Content Intelligence Platform that enables communications and marketing teams to measure, understand, and optimize content ROI across their digital efforts. Some of the world's largest brands such as Accenture, Amazon, Dropbox, Ford, HPE, JPMorgan, Square, and Walmart trust us to help them own their voice online, and we allow their customers to own theirs as well. This transparency and empowerment helps these communications become truly worthwhile for both creators and audiences. For more on Knotch's products, visit our website.
We’re proud of our team
We’ve been building our products since 2013, and our team has grown in size and in spirit. We’ve been humbly recognized in the top 12% of fastest growing companies in America by Inc! Since the Covid-19 pandemic we’ve become remote-first, and we plan to stay that way. We know that a flexible environment leads to a happy team as we’ve again been named a Best Place to Work four years running by Built In NYC and a NYC company with Best Perks + Benefits in 2021! If you’d like to speak with our recruiting team about the future of Knotch, feel free to connect with us on LinkedInand learn about us further on our careers site.
The Senior Data Engineer Role
As Knotch’s Sr. Data Engineer, you will be responsible for solving a variety of challenges with data including: orchestrating the integration of data from internal and third party sources and proactively solving architecture and programming challenges that are required to support growth of our fast-growing data needs. You will work closely with and report directly to our Principal Data Engineer, Shane Jiang.
How you’ll add value at Knotch
- Design, build and launch new ETL/ELT processes in production
- Build efficient data pipelines that transform raw data into a format usable by downstream applications that serve both analytical and operational use cases
- Support existing processes running in production
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams (including offshore teams) to solve problems and identify data trends and opportunities
- Build data expertise and own data quality for allocated areas of ownership
- Mentor junior team members in engineering
You’ll be successful here if you bring
- BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science or Mathematics
- 5+ years of professional experience in data engineering
- Proficiency in Python, Airflow, Spark and other big data tools
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation and maintenance
- Excellent knowledge on SQL/NoSQL, data modeling and patterns
- An ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Familiarity with AWS Redshift, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, ECS/EKS, Lambda, etc
We also appreciate experience with (but don’t require)
- REST APIs and GraphQL APIs
- Experience with devops tools such as Terraform, CloudFormation
Knotch is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to provide equal opportunities in all of our processes, including our hiring and employee experience.
We pride ourselves on our three values: transparency, relentlessness, and inclusiveness.
We commit to daily work towards leading with empathy, reducing bias through periodic training, and engaging with and uplifting communities of marginalized groups.
We condemn all forms of racism and discrimination on the basis of race, religion, ethnicity, nationality, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, pregnancy or parenthood status, veteran status, disability status or any other identifier.
We encourage all employees, clients, investors, candidates, vendors, and friends of Knotch to deliver honest feedback directly or anonymously so that we may always seek to improve as an organization that is dedicated to diversity, equity, inclusion, and belonging.
Share your thoughts with us, and you will be heard.