Bluecore is a retail marketing technology company that is reimagining the way retailers communicate with shoppers. The 2019 launch of Bluecore Communicate™ introduces retailers to a fundamentally different email solution that replaces manual processes with an intelligent, AI-driven workflow. More than 400 retail brands, including Tommy Hilfiger, The North Face, TomboyX, and Bass Pro Shops, increase their marketing performance with less effort through Bluecore. Bluecore has been recognized as one of the Best Places to Work by Glassdoor and is ranked No. 241 on the Inc. 500 List, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies.
At the core of Bluecore’s product sits hundreds of billions of events collected on behalf of our 400+ clients spanning many retail verticals. This dataset drives Bluecore’s AI-powered marketing technology that provides provable value to our clients. The Data Insights team is an extension of the Data Science team and is the steward of this dataset, curating, packaging, and analysing it in support of internal teams as well as our clients.
Internally we support our Marketing and Sales teams with data journalism that uncovers compelling stories that cement Bluecore’s position as the experts in retail marketing. We support our Product Marketing and Finance teams with the analyses that provide an understanding of our business and how we should price and package our products. And our Customer Success teams with dashboards and analyses that allow them to understand the health of their clients and set a strategy to drive the best outcomes for them. Externally, we act as the client-facing arm of the Data Science team and have two key focuses: First, to deliver custom deep dive analyses and models to our largest enterprise clients; and, second, to productize and scale the most relevant insights/models so that they can be delivered to hundreds of clients.
The Data Insights team is therefore an extremely valuable and visible team, plugged into all aspects of our, and our clients’, businesses, and an integral part of ensuring our and their success. As a Senior Data Insights Analyst on the team, your job will be to mine, explore, and analyze terabytes of behavioral data and digital marketing engagement data from across 400+ retail brands in order to discover and deliver actionable insights and models for our internal teams and clients.
We’re looking for a highly motivated Senior Data Insights Analyst with a strong technical background, and a knack for interpreting and communicating the “why” behind data and its application to the business. We are looking for candidates with fluency in SQL and Python or R, and who enjoy and appreciate creative thinking, relentlessly digging into data, and turning the results into clearly communicated and compelling actionable insights or models. You’ll be working closely with the other Analysts on the Data Insights team, Engineers on the Data Infrastructure team and Data Scientists on the Data Science team, as well as collaborating with Bluecore’s Customer Success and Strategy teams to deliver these insights and models internally and externally. You will be responsible for discovering, understanding, solving, and communicating the business problems that our brands face, and working with our Engineering teams to create automated solutions.
- Build, maintain, and improve custom dashboards and models that help our clients solve specific retail marketing goals, such as getting buyers to buy in a new category.
- Design and build KPI reports and visualizations in Jupyter Notebooks, Data Studio, and Looker to help make our teams and clients successful.
- Work with our Customer Success Strategists to help form strategies based on our insights in order to help our clients reach their business goals.
- Track and monitor the performance of our strategy recommendations. Provide recommendations for optimizations.
- Work with customers and internal Customer Success and Sales teams to discover the challenges faced by our clients.
- Work with our Marketing teams to surface interesting trends in our massive retail dataset in order to drive marketing collateral and blog posts.
- Work with Engineers to generalize and automate analysis developed on Jupyter Notebooks and Looker using tools such as Pandas, Airflow, Google BigQuery, and CloudSQL.
- BS in an analytical field such as Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or Business Intelligence.
- 4+ years of experience in business analysis, consulting, data analysis, or other similarly analytical roles, preferably dealing with large datasets.
- Experience collaborating with non-technical stakeholders to iterate on an analysis with the end goal of ensuring the right questions are being answered.
- Experience structuring, curating, and packaging data to enable story-telling and build dashboards.
- Experience creating dashboards with Looker, Periscope, and other similar data visualization tools.
- Experience automating recurring analyses.
- Ability to operate comfortably and effectively in a fast-paced, highly cross-functional, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience with R, Python, or other languages for data analysis a must.
- Fluency in SQL a must. Spark or Scala a plus.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills for cross-team collaboration.
- Retail/eCommerce analytics experience a plus.
- Statistics knowledge a plus.
Highly competitive compensation package including salary and equity as well as the opportunity to work for one of the fastest growing marketing technology companies.
- Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Daily catered lunch and snacks
- 401(k) plan
- Monthly fitness reimbursement for a gym membership or fitness classes
- Monthly public transportation reimbursement
- Generous Parental Leave & flexible vacation policy
At Bluecore we believe in fostering an inclusive environment in which employees feel encouraged to share their unique perspectives, leverage their strengths, and act authentically. We know that diverse teams are strong teams, and welcome those from all backgrounds and varying experiences.
Bluecore is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fair hiring practices and to creating a welcoming environment for all team members. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, familial status or veteran status.