Senior Data Modeler at OnDeck
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management team creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
As part of the Risk Department, the Data Warehouse organization owns OnDeck’s data warehouse architecture, data governance, and data solution development. We are passionate about improving and maturing our Terabyte data environment and using data to solve business problems. We are looking for a Senior Data Modeler to support the growing responsibilities of the team.
As a Senior Data Modeler at OnDeck, you will:
- Work with business stakeholders and data SMEs to understand the business and analytics needs, and translate business requirements into technical data modeling, ETL, or reporting requirements.
- Be a self-starter, schedule meetings with correct stakeholders, and facilitate effective dialog for productive meeting outcomes.
- Assist in the technical data model/architecture design of Ondeck’s next generation Enterprise Data Warehouse on Snowflake Cloud DW.
- Document and maintain corporate metadata repositories and EDW artifacts such as data dictionaries, architecture diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, source-to-target data mappings, data models, and data flow diagrams.
- Develop data QA strategies and repeatable test cases.
- Build business intelligence solutions that provide insights across cross-functional teams, with balanced high-performance and usability.
- Manage security and privacy standards for the BI platforms (Tableau, Matillion) through administrative responsibilities.
- Support day-to-day maintenance of Enterprise Data Governance application (Collibra).
- Establish and maintain a great working relationship with stakeholders and the analyst community.
- Address support issues in a timely and efficient manner: perform all necessary investigation and analysis to solve the issues; coordinate with software vendors and/or other teams when needed.
- Design and provide proper technical trainings for data consumers and other BI developers from the enterprise level.
- Assist in internal project management.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- BA/BS in Information Systems, Business Analytics, Computer Science, Statistics, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years of experience with Data Warehouse modeling & Business Intelligence.
- Extensive experience gathering business requirements for BI solutions, writing functional specifications.
- Expert on data warehouse lifecycle and different data modeling methodologies.
- Extensive experience with data modeling (conceptual, logical, and physical).
- Experience partnering with multiple teams in high visibility roles and owning end-to-end data solutions.
- Expert in writing, optimizing, and validating SQL queries (Snowflake / Redshift / Postgres preferred).
- Experience with business intelligence and ETL tools (Tableau, Matillion preferred)
- Must be detail oriented.
- Team player. You rely on others’ candid feedback for continuous improvement.
- Strong written, verbal, and listening communication skills, articulate and effective communicator and presenter, able to describe complex problems and solutions in understandable terms; ability to frame communications to a diverse set of stakeholders.
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Data modeling experience with financial and marketing data.
- Experience working with Snowflake Cloud Data Warehouse.
- Experience with Data Governance workflows and tools (Collibra preferred).
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux environment.
- Development experience in Python.
- Project management experience.
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Built in NYC’s Best Places to Work, 2019
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2016, 2017
- Denver Business Journal Largest Technology Employers in Denver, March 2019
- FinTech Breakthrough Award – Best Overall LendTech Company, 2018
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Fortune.com and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Great Place to Work Certification, 2017, 2018, 2019
- Inc. 500|5000, 2013, 2014
- Inc. Hire Power, 2013
- Lending Tree’s Top Rated Customer Satisfaction, Q1 2018
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- US News & World Report, “Best Unsecured Business Loans of 2018” – Best for Term Loans
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**