We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What you will do
In this role, you will help develop and improve OncoEMR, our best-in-class oncology specific electronic health record system, by prototyping new product features and understanding how physicians use our systems. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will work with product managers, engineers, designers and clinicians to design solutions in a highly ambiguous, impactful, and interesting problem space. You will delve deep into specific data domains, prototype features on top of them and ensure the integrity of patient data as we build new features into our system. In addition, you’ll also:
- Help the team identify the most impactful projects to work on, make sure they are in the best position to succeed and collaborate on design and execution
- Be accountable for the analytical rigor of the tools/solutions that we come up with
- Be responsible for taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production algorithms and products
- Build on our existing internal analytical tools to provide valuable insights for teams across the HealthCare organization
- Collaborate closely with parallel teams working on developing best-in-class analytics around patient populations
Flatiron’s Healthcare team is building out the products, software, and algorithms that equip physicians with the information and tools to deliver high quality care to America’s oncology patients. Our data science team works to prototype new features, assure the integrity of our clinical data sets, understand how physicians interact with our systems, and design and implement metrics to understand the success of the major features of our system.
Who you are
You’re an entrepreneurial, customer-focused data scientist who is experienced in driving new data capabilities. You are excited by the prospect of tackling meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate, and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and you value the chance to make a real impact on people’s lives.
- You have an degree in a quantitative field
- You have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in an analytical and technical capacity
- You have participated in big cross-functional initiatives and are excellent at influencing decision-making
- You have extensive experience in evaluating technologies, interviewing customers/end users, and pitching big ideas to both internal and external stakeholders
- You are comfortable working in production engineering systems
- You have experience in healthcare
- You have experience in user behavior analytics
- You have experience in ML
- You have an advanced degree in a quantitative field
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.