Senior Data Scientist - Marketing and User Growth at Gopuff (Remote)
Are you passionate about information retrieval, machine learning, and data science? Do you describe yourself as an innovative problem solver? Looking for an opportunity that will directly impact marketing strategies and user growth at Gopuff? Come join the Gopuff Data Science team and #ChangeTheGame.
As a Senior Data Scientist on the Gopuff team, you'll have the opportunity to work on a wide variety of high-impact projects related to marketing, user acquisition, and customer engagement. You'll play a crucial role in developing data-driven solutions to drive growth, optimize marketing campaigns, and enhance the overall user experience. You'll have ownership from prototype to productionalization and the cross-functional support to launch 0-1 systems. Your work will have a significant impact on the future success of Gopuff.
- Build and enhance machine learning, statistical, and causal models to drive marketing strategies, user acquisition, and customer engagement.
- Develop advanced models and algorithms to optimize marketing campaigns, targeting, and segmentation.
- Collaborate with the marketing and engineering teams to implement data-driven solutions and deploy large-scale systems using cloud-based tech stacks including Snowflake, Databricks, Azure, and Elastic Cloud.
- Generate actionable insights by analyzing complex data sets and providing recommendations to shape the marketing and user growth roadmap.
- Stay up-to-date with the latest developments in machine learning and data science techniques and identify opportunities for their application in marketing and user growth.
- MS or Ph.D. in statistics, mathematics, analytics, computer science, engineering, or another quantitative field.
- 3-5 years of experience in data science with a focus on marketing, user growth, or related areas.
- Hands-on experience in building and deploying models for marketing optimization, user segmentation, or customer engagement in production environments.
- Strong problem-solving skills, algorithm design, and complexity analysis.
- A customer-centric mindset, with the ability to work backward from customers' problems and deliver results that improve the overall user experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate complex technical concepts to both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
If you are a self-motivated, results-driven data scientist with a passion for marketing and user growth, we would love to hear from you. Join us in revolutionizing the way Gopuff reaches and engages its customers. Apply now and be part of our dynamic and innovative team!
Gopuff takes pride in creative problem-solving and in-person collaboration to make quick and informed decisions. This role will have a hybrid work schedule, where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross-functional manner three days a week (Tuesday - Thursday) from one of our 8 hub locations!
Northeast: Philadelphia, PA; Boston, MA; Washington DC; New York, NY
West Coast: San Francisco, CA; Concord, CA; Seattle, WA
Miami: Aventura, FL
Verbiage for Remote Work:
This role will have the opportunity for a fully remote work schedule with opportunities to periodically travel to one of our hub cities - where you will be able to showcase your creativity and build strong relationships with teams in a cross-functional manner.
$147,600 - $247,500 a year
We want to help our employees stay safe and healthy! We offer comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, optional FSAs and HSA plans, 401k, commuter benefits, supplemental employee, spouse and child life insurance to all eligible employees.*
We also offer*:
- Gopuff employee discount
- Career growth opportunities
- Internal rewards programs
- Annual performance appraisal and bonus
- Equity program
*Not applicable for contractors or temporary employees.
At Gopuff, we know that life can be unpredictable. Sometimes you forget the milk at the store, run out of pet food for Fido, or just really need ice cream at 11 pm. We get it-stuff happens. But that's where we come in, delivering all your wants and needs in just minutes.
And now, we're assembling a team of motivated people to help us drive forward that vision to bring a new age of convenience and predictability to an unpredictable world.
Like what you're hearing? Then join us on Team Blue.
Gopuff is an equal employment opportunity employer, committed to an inclusive workplace where we do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, gender, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or familial status, age, ancestry, disability, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws. We believe in diversity and encourage any qualified individual to apply.