Senior Data Scientist, Measurement
The Trade Desk is leading the way to the future of marketing by changing how advertising is bought and sold. Working with the largest brands and agencies around the world, our technology platform helps consumers discover products they want by enabling advertisers to target and reach them on the right channels at the right time.
Employees join The Trade Desk to discover opportunity, contribute to our customers’ success, and be part of building the future of marketing. You’ll work with creative, compassionate, and collaborative colleagues that share a passion for making the internet better for all – a combination that simply can't be beat.
When you join The Trade Desk, you’re joining a family. We have open space work environments, adjustable sitting/standing desks, and a celebrated open-door policy (at all levels) that can inspire out-of-the-box solutions and camaraderie among your coworkers. The competitive compensation packages, full benefits, stock options, and additional discounted stock purchase opportunities, catered lunches, and offsite team building activities may cause slight to severe jealousy among your peers.DATA SCIENCE AT THE TRADE DESK:
At The Trade Desk, the Data Science team is responsible for transforming our hundreds of terabytes of Real-Time Bidding (RTB) advertising auction data into actionable intelligence, using advanced modelling and optimization algorithms. Our mission is to develop new and powerful means of growing the value of our client’s campaigns across millions of web-based publishers.
Our team believes in innovation that contributes to our product. In this role, you will be a key member in the development of entirely new data products and the improvement of existing data, all while using world-class modelling & machine learning. You will interact primarily with our Product Management, Trading, Data Partnerships, and Data Engineering teams to oversee the implementation of your data products. Your ideas and research will contribute directly to our client facing products.WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You’ll be a member of our data science team with a focus on ads measurement. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert on every part of our ads measurement offering – conversion lift and experiments, synthetic controls, reach and frequency, brand lift, etc. In addition, you will be an expert in the processes and data that enable these solutions – understanding the role of identity and advocating for changes if needed, building ways to account for missing transaction data, correcting non-response bias, panel bias, and so on. Your day-to-day will be spent interfacing between our Product Management, Data Partnerships, and Data Engineering teams to help lead the development and improvement of our measurement solutions. In this role you may also serve as a technical lead, guiding projects and mentoring junior members of the team
In addition to leading our measurement efforts, you will also be a contributing member to the broader data science team, which includes the following responsibilities
- Be an advocate for good science
- Be an intellectually generous and collaborative team member
- Maintain a focus on shipping product, understanding that often done is better than perfect
- Provide input into the collection of new data sources and the refinement of existing ones to improve analysis and model development
- Become an expert on TTD’s client-facing platform
- You are enthusiastic to learn and teach statistical methods, machine learning techniques and advancements in the ad tech industry
- You are comfortable working on an agile, distributed team spanning multiple time zones and continents
- You have an abundance of intellectual curiosity
- You are able to explain insights and provide actionable recommendations to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience in advertising or publishing related industry a plus
- A background in experimental design and causal inference
- A MS or PhD in Statistics, Biostatistics, or related field
- 5+ years of professional or academic experience in a data driven role working with massive data sets
- Experience with big data technologies such as Hadoop, Hive, Spark, AWS and the ability to write efficient SQL
- Experience in multiple programming languages (Python, R, Java, Scala, etc.)
The Trade Desk does not accept unsolicited resumes from search firm recruiters. Fees will not be paid in the event a candidate submitted by a recruiter without an agreement in place is hired; such resumes will be deemed the sole property of The Trade Desk. The Trade Desk is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.