At HUMAN we know who's real.
We are the global leader in bot mitigation. We protect more than 200 enterprises—including the largest internet platforms—from sophisticated bots by verifying the humanity of nearly one trillion online interactions every week. The most sophisticated bots look and act like humans when they click on ads, visit websites, fill out forms, take over accounts, and commit payment fraud.
We stop them.
Founded in 2012 in a Brooklyn sci-fi bookstore, our Bot Mitigation Platform protects enterprises from the sophisticated bots that threaten them. It’s an attritional game that we engage in passionately every day. Join our mission to stop bots, disrupt the economics of cybercrime, and keep it human.
The Data Science team at HUMAN is building the algorithms that run behind the scenes and power our bot detection engine. We deploy state-of-the-art statistical and machine learning models at a massive scale that distinguish human activity from automated bots.Who you are:
- You are a data scientist with at least 4 years experience of solving complex problems with large datasets.
- You've either worked with advertising technology or cybersecurity in a previous role.
- You have proficiency with Python (and ideally adjacent technologies like Jupyter notebooks, Pandas, NumPy etc) and SQL.
- You have a strong sense of ownership which drives you to independently find ways to do things better, faster, or more efficiently.
- You employ the scientific method at every opportunity, providing a robust foundation to your work.
- A strong knowledge of web/internet technologies is a plus.
- Develop internet-scale data analysis algorithms (i.e. rule based, statistical, machine learning) that outwit very smart spammers, increasing their OODA loop.
- Present your work to the rest of the detection team, and give technical reviews of the work of others.
- Work with our signals team to ensure the data we collect is privacy-safe and well-tuned to isolating bots
- Work with our threat intelligence team to accelerate their efforts to disrupt bot attacks in addition to pure detection.
- Ad hoc investigations to respond to emerging threats with velocity and quality.
- Build analysis toolkits and platforms that empower our whole team to work more effectively.
- Unlimited PTO, fully paid parental leave
- Private medical and dental insurance (including TalkSpace membership for you and your family).
- One morning each week (i.e. 10% of your time) that is ring-fenced for you to choose your own research.
- Phenomenal coaching from senior leaders and challenging development opportunities.
- Monthly internet, monthly phone bill, and free lunch Wednesdays each week to support working remotely.
Our HQ office is located in the heart of New York City. We are growing the company deliberately with a keen eye towards maintaining values that embody diversity, lifestyle, and career growth. We are doing substantial work, and we need people to join our mighty team. We are proud of our overwhelmingly positive presence on Glassdoor and Built in NYC. We have offices located in NYC, DC, Victoria, and London.
We understand it takes a diverse team of passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in protecting the Internet. Our dynamic team of humans have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.