Senior Data Scientist, Product Analytics
What you'll do:
- Track our business health: you will do everything from identifying, vetting and developing key metrics, to designing dashboards and reporting to our core business operations team and executives on a regular basis
- Apply the tools of exploratory data analysis and statistical inference and modeling to understand user behavior trends and improve our product (e.g., A/B experiment design & analysis, customer retention & engagement modeling)
- Collaborate with data & engineering teams to ensure that we are instrumenting the right data and that our data model design supports our analytics needs
- Consult with teams throughout Skillshare on how to frame and scope analyses, leverage our data and tooling most effectively, and apply analytics best practices
- Communicate results effectively at all levels of the organization and ensure all stakeholders understand implications and recommendations from your analysis
What you'll need to be successful:
- Significant professional experience working with data
- Experience with SQL and relational databases
- Excellent communication and ability to collaborate with cross-functional teammates with a wide range of analytical backgrounds
- Strong data intuition-- good nose for identifying and interpreting trends and anomalies in our data, and ability to prioritize and execute an efficient data deep dive
- Experience conducting exploratory data analysis, statistical inference and modelling (including A/B experiment evaluation)
- Curiosity combined with business thought leadership and strategic thinking: your analyses are oriented around driving impact and value
- Knowledge of self-service BI tools such as Looker, Chartio, Tableau
- Hands-on experience with statistical software (Python or R)
- Enthusiasm for conducting reproducible analysis (you believe in code review, version control and documentation even if you haven’t used Github yet!)
- Strong attention to detail and great passion for data integrity
Why you want this job:
- Exposure: This will be a high-profile role at Skillshare, as you’ll be working directly with the head of data, CEO and rest of the executive team to dig into some of our critical business questions.
- Impact: Leveraging and understanding our data is at the heart of our growth - your analysis will be the foundation for many of our most strategic decisions.
- Data challenges: With millions of registered users and tens of millions of minutes watched every month, you will have the opportunity to dig in and answer some complicated business questions.
- Our mission: We’re doing work that matters – connecting lifelong learners around the world and empowering them to pursue their creativity.
- Our team: We have a passionate, smart team that is a lot of fun to work with.
- Flexibility: We believe that doing your best work means living a full life. That means different things for everyone, so we optimize for trust, invest to support remote teams, have an unlimited vacation policy (with a required minimum!), and encourage work-life balance.