Senior Data Scientist, Product
We’re looking for Data Scientists who are passionate about generating actionable insights to drive product decisions across the business. You will enjoy working with cutting edge technology and the ability to see your insights applied to real products on a regular basis.
You are focused on impact, a self-starter, and have demonstrated success in using data science to understand users and drive growth of a product or business. In approaching new problems, you demonstrate sharp critical thinking, intellectual curiosity, data fluency, and a collaborative work ethic. These roles are within the greater Strategy department and report to the Consumer Analytics team lead in New York.
Depending on your area of focus, questions you may tackle in a typical day include:
- What are the drivers of the growth of our Commerce product? How can we provide small businesses with tools to be more successful?
- What paths do users take through our product and how should that influence our product development roadmap?
- How should we define “success” of the launch of a new product and why?
- What product experiences should we design and test to evaluate lift in key business metrics from product offering, pricing, and core design changes?
- Empower data-driven decision-making across the org by defining analytical frameworks to guide key product decisions
- Surface insights from terabytes of user, product, and marketing data; communicate and work closely with product teams to implement compelling recommendations
- Formulate innovative hypotheses; and design and implement A/B tests to evaluate and launch features based on them
- Own relationships with product teams and identify opportunities for impactful analyses
- Provide mentorship to junior members of the Analytics team
- Utilize cutting-edge modeling techniques to further the org’s understanding of consumer behavior
- Continuously seek out opportunities to further develop your analytical, communication, statistical, programming, etc. toolkits
- Collaborate with Data Engineering to identify and build tools and infrastructure that helps us make better data driven decisions, faster (e.g. event pipeline, synthetic events, Python packages)
- 4+ years of relevant analytical experience working with data or MS in a relevant technical field and 2+ years of analytical work experience (experience working with product organizations a plus)
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Comfort and expertise communicating effectively with a wide-range of audiences (including product managers, engineers, business development managers, occasionally executives)
- Strong ability to devise data-driven solutions to business problems
- Ability to drive impact by thoughtfully tackling open-ended problems
- Strong data intuition and deep understanding of and experience with statistical and/or ML modeling techniques
- Strong competency with SQL
- Fluency in a scripting language (Python preferred)
- A plus: Experience with large scale data processing tools (Apache Spark) or implementing systems in production at scale
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 800 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Equity plan
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Free lunch and snacks
- Dog-friendly workplace
- And more
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.