We're looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Data Insights Engineering team and help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here's what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health is the right next step in your career.
What You'll Do
In this role, you will enable community oncology practices to thrive by improving practice financial health, so they can focus on patient care. As a Senior Data Scientist on this team, your analysis will support the development of software and services to optimize practice performance. In addition, you'll also:
- Partner with analysts and operations experts on our Revenue Cycle Management team to analyze payments data, define key metrics, and offer actionable insights to practices and internal teams
- Prototype and iterate on data products to increase practice revenue and overall health
- Immerse yourself in business and technical context to help your team identify opportunities for unlocking new value from our unique data sets
- Collaborate with product-engineering teams to explore and ingest new data sources
- Develop an expertise in raw practice medical and financial data, design a data model to capture those concepts, and build ETL pipelines to extend an analytics database
Who You Are
You are an entrepreneurial, detail-oriented, full stack data scientist, experienced in taking nascent product ideas and maturing them into production data products. You're excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves and digging into practice financial data. You’re a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You have strong analytical and problem solving skills
- You have collaborated with other technical team members in a production development environment using formal version control and SQL, Python, and/or Spark
- You have strong intuition for how to model and clean data
- You can clearly define a problem, explain the value in solving it, evaluate possible approaches with stakeholder feedback, and execute on a project plan
- You are organized with strong prioritization and communication skills
- You thrive in a cross-functional environment
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have experience working with medical billing data
- You have experience visualizing data in Looker dashboards
- You have healthcare industry knowledge/context (especially oncology-specific knowledge)
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
At Flatiron, we strive to build and maintain an environment where employees from all backgrounds are valued, respected and have the opportunity to succeed. You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) that encourage our employees to share their unique experiences and perspectives
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.