Senior Data Scientist - Statistician, Bayesian Inference at Covera Health
About the company
At Covera Health, we have proven that advanced data science can prevent serious misdiagnoses which result in poor outcomes for patients and increased costs for payers. Using our proprietary framework, we help patients recover better, faster, and more affordably. Today, we are working with some of the largest healthcare payers in the country to potentially impact millions of patient lives. We are passionate about improving healthcare for every patient.
About the role
We are looking for a talented Senior Data Scientist in Statistics to join us in our commitment to improve the quality of care for patients in every community across the nation. It is crucial that you have a Masters or PhD with a thesis and work in application of statistics methodologies. You will develop and apply fundamental statistical theory to collect, organize, interpret, and summarize radiology data, generating usable information to solve a wide range of intelligence and practical problems.
You will work with a growing multidisciplinary team of talented data scientists, other statisticians, engineers, and researchers to leverage unique healthcare data (in the form of MRI images, clinical reports, claims data, and beyond) to create new and improved methods for assessing and predicting the quality of care delivered by healthcare providers and determining the impact that care quality has on overall patient outcomes and cost. You will have the opportunity to work with entirely unique healthcare datasets that cover all phases of care delivery (referral, diagnosis, therapy, and outcome/follow-up) from the perspective of all key stakeholders (patients, providers, payers).
Your responsibilities will also include helping to further create, extend, and validate the statistical models that we use at Covera Health to power our analytics. You will also help to characterize, interpret, and share the results we achieve in our healthcare research studies.
You will be expected to:
- Develop statistical models of medical phenomena for analysis and computational simulation
- Process large amounts of data for statistical and graphical analysis
- Leverage a variety of healthcare data, including healthcare provider profile data, medical images, medical reports, longitudinal claims data, and proprietary diagnostic imaging exam quality assessment data, for statistical modeling of healthcare quality and outcomes
- Collaborate with data science team members and other colleagues on data analysis projects and research activities
- Communicate the results of analysis and research projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Prepare and contribute material for academic publication and participate in scientific conferences
- Lead and mentor junior members of the data science team
- Help to shape Covera Health’s data analytics strategy by identifying new opportunities
- 3+ years work experience as a Data Scientist
- PhD in statistics, applied math, or related field
- Extensive experience with Bayesian hierarchical modeling, Log-Linear modeling and related statistical methodologies
- Experience with large and diverse datasets, including data exploration and feature engineering
- Extensive experience with Python and/or R
- Experience developing code that is leveraged by a wider team and/or contributing to a collaborative code base
- Experience designing scientific studies and quantitatively characterizing and sharing their results
- Strong communicator with excellent ability to work in a team environment
- Experience working with medical data
You will be a full-time employee with competitive salary, stock options, and great benefits. These benefits include medical, dental, and vision insurance (with premiums fully covered), FSA, pre-tax commuter benefits, flexible paid time off, and a comfortable office space filled with a variety of quality snacks and beverages. Most importantly, you’ll get to know each of us and we love to work together to find solutions. We are a smart, fun, focused, and unique team of people who are truly passionate about changing healthcare for the better!