Senior Data Scientist at Ocrolus (Greater NYC Area, NY)
- Develop predictive models that can perform with high levels of accuracy, stability, and coverage; including associated high-quality documentation
- Feature engineering across multiple sources of novel data, structured and unstructured
- Model artifacts that can be tested and deployed to production; ensuring a reproducible and technically sound model development process
- Apply logic, data, statistical modeling, creative thinking to business problems.
- Work with modern, cloud-based technologies (preferably AWS stack)
- Assist in the development of data science best practices and knowledge sharing across the team and organization
- 5+ years working as a Data Scientist or MS with 3+ years of experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g., math, statistics, computer science, engineering)
- The ability to communicate able to present complex and technical topics, requirements, results to various audiences
- Passion for understanding the ‘why’ of the problem and the impact of solutions on customer outcomes.
- Experience applying machine learning to solve product needs, and can reason about the choice of algorithms, minimal viable products, and iteration.
- Experience building and deploying models that perform with high levels of accuracy, stability, and coverage
- Excellent programming skills in Python and/or R.
- Excellent SQL skills, comfortable working with data warehouses
- Strong documentation skills (Markdown, you like GitHub READMEs)
- PHD and 2+ years of experience in a quantitative discipline (e.g., math, statistics, computer science, engineering)
- Experience mentoring/managing junior data scientists