We're all about connecting hungry diners with our network of over 300,000 restaurants nationwide. Innovative technology, user-friendly platforms and streamlined delivery capabilities set us apart and make us an industry leader in the world of online food ordering. When you join our team, you become part of a community that works together to innovate, solve problems, grow, work hard and have a ton of fun in the process!
Why Work For Us
Grubhub is a place where authentically fun culture meets innovation and teamwork. We believe in empowering people and opening doors for new opportunities. If you're looking for a place that values strong relationships, embraces diverse ideas-all while having fun together-Grubhub is the place for you!
More About the Role
Grubhub is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join the Diner team. You will be working with data scientists and engineers to build the organization's first unified experimentation platform and conduct research to deliver ever better in-app experiences for our diners.
The Diner team is a cross-functional group of data scientists, engineers, and product managers managing Grubhub's main consumer offerings such as subscriptions, perks, and personalization. As a Senior Data Scientist, you will help drive every stage of the product development cycle using statistical analysis, data science, and machine learning, utilizing large-scale data coming in from multiple streams, prototyping ML models, and deploying proven solutions into production environments.
The Impact You Will Make
- Support the design, analysis, and interpretation of A/B hypothesis tests for critical business decisions and communicate results to a broad range of technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Research, prototype, and build machine learning models to improve our in-app diner experience and increase customer loyalty
- Demonstrate familiarity with ML solutions at scale and understanding of ML production challenges and techniques
- Collaborate with engineers, data scientists, and product managers to make sure data products are well maintained, aligned with business objectives, and meeting organizational needs
- Help prioritize and triage requests and ensure that data science/machine learning solutions are delivered in time to maximize business impact
What You Bring to the Table
- PhD/MS in statistics, machine learning, mathematics, psychology, quantitative research or 5+ years of relevant work experience
- 3+ years of experience with Python and scientific computing libraries such as numpy, pandas, dask, and f amiliarity with PySpark or another JVM-based big data processing tool
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in designing and analyzing experiments based on large (preferably online) datasets, familiarity with methods to control for nuisance variables and extreme data points, and deep knowledge of the statistical methodologies required to evaluate experimental impacts
- Experience with Git or similar tool for version control
- Strong SQL (Spark SQL, Presto, etc.) skills
- Experience with data wrangling, modeling, and managing data transformation jobs with large datasets
- Strong ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams, including communicating effectively with people of varying levels of technical knowledge, and delivering data-driven insights and outcomes clearly and succinctly
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous working environment
And Of Course, Perks!
- Flexible PTO/PTO. Grubhub employees enjoy a generous amount of time to recharge.
- Health and Wellness. Excellent medical benefits, employee network groups and paid parental leave are just a few of our programs to support your overall well-being.
- Competitive Pay. You'll receive a competitive base salary with eligibility for generous incentives, bonuses, commission or RSUs (role-specific).
- Learning and Career Growth. Your personal and professional development is a priority at Grubhub. We empower you to be a leader and grow your career through training, coaching and mentorship opportunities.
- MealPerks. Get meals on us! Our employees get a weekly Grubhub credit to enjoy and support local restaurants.
- Fun. Every Grubhub office has an employee-led Culture Crew that connects people through fun, meaningful events and initiatives like Wellness Wednesdays, Slack competitions and virtual happy hours!
- Social Impact. At Grubhub we believe in giving back through programs like the Grubhub Community Relief Fund and donating $1 million to the Equal Justice Initiative in 2020. Employees are also given paid time off each year to support the causes that are important to them.
- COVID-19 Response. All of our employees are currently working from home and will be for the foreseeable future. We look forward to seeing everyone in-office when it's safe to return.
Grubhub is an equal opportunity employer. We welcome diversity and encourage a workplace that is just as diverse as the customers we serve. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. If you're applying for a job in the U.S. and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please send an email to [email protected] and let us know the nature of your request and contact information. Please note that only those inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.