We’re looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join Procore’s Revenue Analytics Team. In this role, you will enable Procore to make smarter, more data-driven decisions, and provide prescriptive solutions to some of Construction’s largest problems. Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least explored industries for AI. That’s why we’re looking for talented Data Scientists to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you’ll partner with the Revenue Organization and IT’s Data Infrastructure & Governance team to implement the set of services needed to release AI and data science models capable of working with TB of data. You’ll model related features including one time and ongoing automatic model training, deploying, and monitoring models. This position is a great opportunity to use your machine learning, data engineering, AWS cloud service skills to enable machine learning as a service at scale at Procore.
This position reports to our Revenue Analytics Manager and has the opportunity to be located in any of our US offices, or permanently remote within the US. We’re looking for someone to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Work with Revenue org and Infrastructure and Governance team to develop and deploy reliable and insightful ML models
- Provide technical leadership for efforts around tooling and infrastructure that enable teams to complete and maintain AI projects efficiently
- Partner with revenue or engineering teams to understand the business requirements and design user feedback loop to collect user data
- Coach and mentor junior data scientists on the team; lead code reviews, design, and best practices
- Participate in the evolution of Data Science at Procore
What we’re looking for:
- 8+ years of hands-on experience developing predictive models and managing the machine learning lifecycle: data preprocessing and feature development, model training and evaluation, deployment, and monitoring. Familiarity with the associated open source ecosystem (e.g., mlflow, cortex, seldon, Kubeflow, tfx) is a plus
- MS or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, or a related field is preferred
- Experience with problem framing across multiple data science and machine learning subdomains, including forecasting, anomaly detection, classification, and regression
- Superior communication skills with the ability to distill rigorous mathematical and statistical concepts such that non-experts may understand.
- Familiarity with AWS cloud infrastructure services and container systems such as Docker or Kubernetes
- Familiarity with Python ML packages, deep learning framework (Pytorch or Tensorflow), and computer vision packages
- Professional experience in software development (software design and development life cycle) preferred.
If you'd like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our Talent Community.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on Glassdoor to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
Perks & Benefits
You are a person with dreams, goals, and ambitions—both personally and professionally. That's why we believe in providing benefits that not only match our Procore values (Openness, Optimism, and Ownership) but enhance the lives of our team members. Here are just a few of our benefit offerings: generous paid vacation, employee stock purchase plan, enrichment and development programs, and friends and family events.