Senior Data Scientist at Dataminr
--COVID-19 Hiring Update--
As the health and safety of our candidates and our employees come first, we're excited to provide virtual experiences for interviews and new hire on-boarding.
Who we are:
Dataminr puts real-time AI and public data to work for our clients, generating relevant and actionable alerts for global corporations, public sector agencies, newsrooms, and NGOs. Our leading AI platform detects the earliest signals of high-impact events and emerging risks from vast amounts of publicly available information. Our real-time alerts enable tens of thousands of users at hundreds of public and private sector organizations to learn first of breaking events around the world, develop effective risk mitigation strategies, and respond with confidence as crises unfold.
Dataminr is making its mark for growth and innovation, recently earning recognition on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500, Forbes AI 50 and Forbes Cloud 100 lists. We also earned accolades for ‘Most Innovative Use of AI’ from the 2020 AI & Machine Learning Awards.
Join our team and help the world manage risk in real time. You’ll work with 800+ talented people across eight offices, united by our passion to collaborate, make a difference, and have fun while doing it!
Who you are:
You're a dedicated Senior Data Scientist who has experience sorting, analyzing, and delivering relevant information from massive amounts of unstructured data. You will have experience analyzing data, asking, and answering data-driven and key product/business questions. You will have experience building and integrating Deep Learning and Machine Learning models for production and communicating results to stakeholders from different groups. You will work with engineers, product managers and other teams to solve challenging problems with your data science skills. You are passionate about having a positive impact on the world. You are enthusiastic about working on some of the most challenging problems in AI and are a passionate builder of solutions that directly contribute to products.
- Iterate quickly while making savvy choices in implementing approaches to analyze massive amounts of data.
- Work directly on all aspects of Data Science problems with other group members: from inception (brainstorming), to data exploration and implementation of methods created in-house, to productionizing approaches to apply our AI models.
- Work as a liaison between the AI Group and our team of Domain Experts in defining the right problems to address and in rapidly answering data-driven questions on impactful real-world events.
- Excel in placing a human-centered focus on the work (context, end-user impact, etc), finding solutions that work in practice and have significant impact.
- Senior candidates are expected to lead technical areas and/or people.
- M.S. in Data Science, Machine Learning, Computer science or a related field. Ph.D. studies in any field a plus (Math, Statistics, Physics, etc.).
- 5+ years of work experience in machine learning required (NLP, Computer Vision).
- Experience in Scala, Python, or similar languages.
- Familiarity with machine learning and deep learning tools (TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit-learn, etc)
- Ability to communicate complex quantitative results in a clear, precise and actionable manner.
- Self-motivation and an ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
Why you should work here:
- We recognize and reward hard work with:
- company paid benefits for employees and their dependents, including medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company matching
- flexible spending account for out-of-pocket medical, transit, parking and dependent care expenses
- We want you to be your best, authentic self by supporting you with:
- a diverse, driven, and passionate team of coworkers who want you to succeed
- individual learning and development fund and professional training
- generous paid time off; including sick leave and 100% company paid parental leave
- in-office perks such as a kitchen stocked with snacks and beverages, and catered meals
- remote working friendly perks such as expanded telehealth options for mental and physical well being, virtual yoga, meditation and health and fitness app reimbursements
…and this is just to name a few!
Dataminr is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Individuals seeking employment at Dataminr are considered without regards to race, sex, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, unemployment status, sexual orientation, citizenship status or veteran status.#LI-AG#LI-Remote
For individuals applying for US-based roles:
Dataminr is requiring that all prospective employees hired for this position present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law.
Dataminr is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a sincerely held religious belief, medical reasons, or other legally protected reasons, should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any conditional offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.
For individuals applying for Australian-based roles:
Dataminr requires (as a condition of employment) that the successful candidate for this position be fully vaccinated with a recognized and approved COVID-19 vaccine prior to commencing employment. The successful candidate will be required to present proof that they are fully vaccinated against COVID-19 prior to their first day of employment.
Candidates who are unable to be vaccinated due to a legally protected reason should contact their recruiting representative as soon as possible following any offer of employment to explore what, if any, reasonable accommodations Dataminr is able to offer.