Senior Data Scientist at Angi (Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professionals and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
The Team and Role
Our Applied Data Science team is tackling challenges such as homeowner-contractor matching, forecasting key business metrics, and using predictive models to optimize consumer experience. This role will give you the opportunity to use state-of-the-art machine learning techniques and open-source big data processing tools.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for:
- Creating mathematical and data driven solutions for difficult problems at scale
- Developing, maintaining, and monitoring the performance of production quality code
- Becoming the domain expert for one business segment in the Angi organization
- Communicating project results and insights with stakeholders across Angi
Team members in this role are successful when they have a Master’s degree or PhD in Statistics, Applied Mathematics or similar quantitative field and/or 3+ years of experience in:
- Performing quantitative analysis, predictive analytics, mathematical modeling and/or machine learning
- Demonstrating creative problem solving skills to inform decisions, improve outcomes, and deliver transformation through data
- Developing predictive models and analysis using R and/or Python
- Interacting with data using SQL
- Deep knowledge of machine learning and data mining algorithms
- Bonus points if you’ve worked with ML frameworks like Tensorflow and have familiarity with Git, Docker or AWS
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world