Senior Data Scientist
We’re building, from the ground up, a technology-driven trading platform for the coveted commercial real estate asset class, previously only accessible to the largest institutional investors.
Cadre is looking for a Senior Data Scientist with a strong quantitative background to work alongside our acquisition and asset management teams to build the next generation of machine learning products for the CRE industry. We are looking for a talented lead who can develop and apply machine learning algorithms to CRE datasets; understand the various drivers of our business and partner with research to find meaningful solutions; lead as well as mentor junior members of the team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Build and deploy machine learning models to accelerate our acquisition and asset management processes
- Partner with Research to drive top-down investment strategies
- Research traditional and non-traditional CRE data sources to integrate into various models
- Develop and drive the data science roadmap
- A bachelor's degree in computer science, applied mathematics, or other relevant quantitative disciplines
- Graduate degree in a similar technical discipline is a plus but not required
- Prior experience in financial engineering is a plus but not required
- 5+ years of hands-on experience developing and deploying machine learning models, statistical modeling and advanced analytics
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable discussing quantitative results in a clear and actionable manner
- Self-starter, thriving in a startup environment
OUR TECH STACK
Cadre runs a robust stack (React + Redux, Django, PostgreSQL), continuously integrated with zero-downtime deployments (Ansible, Packer) on AWS.
The majority of our time is spent in that environment, but our goal is to always utilize the best tool for the job: you’ll be working with members of our team to keep refining our toolset.
- Our biggest asset? Our team members and culture: join a fun and driven environment to work with, learn from, and mentor some of the brightest engineers in the industry, equally intent on building a great business as on celebrating each victory.
- 401(K), significant equity, 100% of Healthcare premium coverage and unlimited PTO
- Amazing office space in the heart of SoHo with fully stocked kitchen (No water bottles though, we are green conscious!)
- Fun company offsites