Senior Data Scientist at Teachers Pay Teachers
Who we are looking for
We’re a team of good people doing great things. We listen first. We love our work. And we are all teachers and learners in whatever we do. We believe that productivity is never an accident. It’s the result of a commitment to excellence, intelligent planning, passionate teamwork, and focused effort. We want every day to be fun and to matter.
As a Senior Data Scientist at TpT you will be working with data engineers, data analysts, and business teams including Product, Marketing, and Finance to find valuable insights about our marketplace, our systems, and our users. You’ll use techniques such as statistical modeling, machine learning, natural language processing, and data visualization to explore data, test hypotheses, identify underlying causes and patterns, and find the best ways to turn these insights into better decisions and product improvements.
Qualities for a successful candidate
- Strong experience using statistical techniques to model and explain user behavior on web sites, including A/B testing.
- A track record of value-creation in previous organizations, using the technical and communications tools of data science.
- Strong knowledge of R or Python for data science, including reproducible research processes, data exploration and visualization, and statistical modeling.
- Comfortable performing research in a product and business-driven, fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Enjoys working collaboratively with peers across business and engineering teams.
- Outstanding communications skills, including the ability to speak clearly to technical and nontechnical audiences, present insights to groups, and write clearly.
- Statistical and mathematical depth equivalent to a Masters in Applied Statistics, either from a degree program or experience.
- At least three years of data science experience in industry, or an advanced degree plus one year of industry experience.
Extra Credit for
- Experience with Ed-Tech or online marketplaces.
- Experience with search systems, recommender systems, or information retrieval.
- Experience with advanced techniques such as NLP, Bayesian methods, statistical model selection, econometric modeling, or optimization.
- Experience with interactive data visualization tools such as Shiny, Dash, or D3.
- Open Source or professional community contributions.