Exactly 45 billion dollars is locked up in cash security deposits. We prove that there’s a better way. Rhino is bringing financial flexibility to renters everywhere.
We give renters a choice in a transaction that never offered choice before. We replace upfront security deposits with affordable insurance that saves renters hundreds and thousands of dollars. To date, we have saved renters over $150 million and are trusted in over 1 million homes across all 50 states.
Founded in 2017 and VC backed, Rhino's mission is to utilize technology to offer products and services that break down financial barriers and offer a win-win solution for both renters and property owners/managers alike.
As a Data Scientist at Rhino, you’re going to be an integral part of what we’re trying to accomplish. You will be the first official Rhino employee focusing exclusively on Data Science, which means you’ll have a recognizable impact on the industry that we’re transforming.In this role you will:
- Work with key stakeholders within our company, using exceptional communication to interpret our business objectives and translate them into actionable technical tasks.
- Be our data expert, build and grow data science functions that enable better analytics across our organization.
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets developing graphs, reports, visualization and presentations of results and insights.
- Responsible for research, delivery, implementation and support of data and analytical solutions.
- Work on end-to-end model development; Use cutting-edge tools and machine learning techniques to develop propensity models, recommendation engines, client segmentations etc.
- Design and develop data model pipelines, automated workflows, and analytical processing solutions in big data ecosystems.
- Real world experience successfully collaborating, building, debugging, and deploying effective machine learning systems to production.
- Strong communication skills & ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in SQL and one of Python/R for programming and modeling.
- Deep knowledge of PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras, or other machine learning platform.
- Strong data visualization skills for "story-telling" through data.
- Working knowledge of machine learning algorithms, statistics, and predictive modeling development.
- Experience or interest in working in a heavily regulated industry.
- Competitive compensation and 401k
- Unlimited PTO to give our employees a little extra R&R when they need it
- Stock option plan to give our employees a direct stake in Rhino’s success
- Comprehensive health coverage (medical, dental, vision)
- Remote Work Program to allow for flexibility between home and the office
- Generous Parental Leave to create a family-friendly culture
- Wellness Perks (Gym, Classpass, & Citibike Memberships)
- Commuter Benefits through a Flexible Spending Account
- Fintech Equality Coalition Founding member