note: US-based applicants are welcome to apply, regardless of location -- we have always been remote-friendly
Saturn Cloud is changing data science in the modern enterprise. Our solution helps companies perform data science at a new level of scale, with one-click solutions, to solve the world’s hardest problems. Our product is a SaaS platform that equips data science teams with high-leverage automation tools, eliminating hours of traditional, manual work. The platform is user-friendly, scalable, and secure.
You will be a Senior Data Scientist at Saturn Cloud, an exciting venture-backed company founded by the creators of Anaconda. The role requires managing numerous stakeholders, strategic initiatives, and enterprise developers, including engaging Fortune 1000 customers and executives. You will report directly to the CEO and CTO.
Senior Data Scientists at Saturn Cloud are in charge of leading the adoption of Dask and Saturn. They engage with the developer community to train them and evangelize Dask, meet with customers (virtually) to assist with solutions that they can build with our technology, and see customers through implementing and troubleshooting production systems. Every Senior Data Scientist is expected to become a Dask expert and to be excellent at interacting with Dask and Saturn users.
Who you are:
- Pedigree isn't important
- You're efficient - You have a proven ability to clearly communicate complex solutions
- You love the PyData ecosystem and would love to have a job where you help make it thrive
- You're customer-focused - You care that people enjoy using our products
- Excellent presentation and whiteboarding skills
- 3+ years in customer-facing pre-sales, technical architecture or consulting role
- An ability to design and architect distributed data systems
- A strong comfortability writing code in Python
- Experience with Big Data Technologies
- [Desired] Experience working with open source and/or AWS/cloud
- Provide technical leadership in a pre-sales and post-sales capacity for customers to support successful understanding, evaluation and adoption of Saturn
- Consult on architecture and design, bootstrap, and/or implement strategic customer projects
- Build references architectures, how-tos, and demo applications for customers
- Provide an escalated level of support for critical customer operational issues
- Architect, implement, and/or validate integrations with 3rd party applications
- Evangelize Dask and Saturn across the developer community both online and through meetups and conferences
- Become a Dask expert
- Competitive salary commensurate with your experience
- Stock options in early-stage venture poised for scale
- Medical, dental, vision coverage
- 401k Retirement Plan with a company match
- Unlimited Paid Time Off
- Employee referral bonus program
- Awesome coworkers
- Maternity and paternity plans
Our mission is to transform the businesses of our customers by making data science faster. Founded by the creators of Anaconda, NumPy, and SciPy, Saturn provides a powerful data science platform for teams to build and manage data products. Our clients boast accelerated value creation cycles with Saturn by automating key elements of their analytics workflows and reaching new levels of productivity. We make data scientists happier and their businesses more successful. For more information, visit www.saturncloud.io.