Hi, we're Brigit! A holistic financial health company helping every American build a brighter financial future. With a business model that is aligned with our customers, we create transparent, fair, and simple financial products that put money back in the hands of our members, help them spend wisely, and avoid unfair fees.
As a Data Scientist at Brigit, you’ll be given ownership of building and improving the most important models which focus on:
• Assessing the credit risk of our customers so that we can increase our approval rates and provide access to more customers
• Helping us predict LTV of customers, so we can tune our marketing efforts and increase our acquisition
• Classifying customers who are likely to churn so that we can offer them better services and focus our efforts on them
We’ve got extremely rich data that we're able to use to build complex customer models based on their behavior and millions of customers to work with giving us the ability to quickly test and learn.
You’ll also work closely with our Product and Engineering teams and other business teams to support other analytics use cases as we build out and grow our team.
What You Have
- A Bachelor's degree or above, preferably in a STEM field, but others will be considered with relevant experience
- 5+ years of demonstrated ability of data science (modeling & analysis) in a startup environment
- Proficient in python, using industry standard modeling toolkits like sklearn, statsmodels, and a fluid understanding of SQL
- Experience leading teams or mentoring junior data scientists is preferred
- A wide understanding of consumer businesses and their profitability drivers
- You have built classification and prediction models, tested, and has iterated to improve them
What You'll Be Doing
- Build, test and roll out new underwriting and risk models to understand the risk of our customer base and improve access for our prospective customers by allowing us to take more calculated risks
- You’ll have ownership of the full modeling lifecycle and get to carry your changes all the way through to our decisioning process, getting to realize every bit of impact along the way
- Build, test and roll out other customer related models (such as Churn propensity and LTV prediction) models which help us analyze and optimize our marketing and retention efforts
- Analyze how our customer base is shifting as we grow and pinpoint areas we can improve
- Help our existing engineering and business teams track their goals, supporting the BI function from time to time with ad-hoc data analytics
We're backed by leading VC's, including DCM, Canaan Partners, NYCA, and a number of the world's most influential social impact investors. If autonomy, ownership, and having meaningful input at the company you work for is important to you, come join our growing team!
Our Benefits & Team
-Competitive compensation package with stock options at a high-growth startup
-Day 1 benefit coverage for health, dental, and vision
-Offer competitive paid parental leave policy
-Dog friendly office
-Employee wellness initiatives
At Brigit, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, or veteran status. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Read Full Job Description