Senior Data Warehouse Engineer
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
The Risk Management division creates competitive advantage for OnDeck through excellence in risk/reward optimization while simultaneously exercising its function of control in a vigorous and diligent fashion. The Risk Management team develops strategies and models to extend credit in a profitable manner to small businesses and their owners based on a strong understanding of the behavioral and commercial drivers of its customers and on sophisticated analysis of data. As the control function of OnDeck, the Risk Management Team ensures that that the portfolio, policies, strategies, new product features or operational processes at OnDeck are consistent with the risk appetite set by the management team and the board.
As a part of the Risk division, the Data Warehouse team manages the Data, Decisioning and Risk Systems Organization which owns Ondeck’s data infrastructure and data solution development. We are passionate about improving and maturing our Terabyte data environment and using data to solve business problems. We are looking for a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer to support the growing responsibilities of the team.
As a Senior Data Warehouse Engineer at OnDeck, you will:
- Assist in leading the technical design and implementation of Ondeck’s next generation reporting data warehouse on Snowflake Cloud DW.
- Be responsible for designing robust ETL framework with proper triggers and data quality checks in place.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to understand the business and analytics needs.
- Work closely with product managers and software engineers to build reporting data architecture that supports new product launch and feature releases.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- You have 3+ years of experience leading reporting data warehouse design and implementation initiatives, and you understand various data modeling methodologies, relational, dimensional or hybrid
- You have 3+ years of experience designing and developing enterprise level ETL processes, Matillion preferred
- You have 3+ years of experience writing, optimizing and validating SQL queries
- You have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- You are a quick learner and are enthusiastic about introducing and using new technologies/tools to improve the Data Warehouse
- You are disciplined on using office productivity and collaboration tools
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Math, Information Systems Management, or other engineering field
Nice-to-haves (not required):
- Hands on experience with a BI tool, Tableau preferred
- Comfortable with Unix/Linux environment
- Development experience in Python
- Working experience in the financial industry
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
Benefits for you:
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**