Peloton is seeking a Senior Database Reliability Engineer to help build and improve the reliability of our end-to-end database infrastructure.
As a member of the Database Reliability Engineering team, you will work on scaling our database systems, building automation, and helping grow our platform to power a world class fitness experience. You will have the unique role of sitting at the crossroads of every request that comes through our system and work across multiple teams on problems related to datastore and application performance challenges.
What You’ll Do:
- Own database reliability, automation and performance as we grow our platform.
- Provide architectural and hands on assistance with scaling and improving our Database Engines.
- Write and review Infrastructure as a code, create and maintain database documentation.
- Provide insight and analysis into the behavior of databases and caching infrastructure.
- Manage and evolve observability tools and documentation used by engineers.
- Use your expertise to assist other engineering groups with queries, schema design, application architecture, and traffic pattern planning.
- Build and contribute to tooling where the developer experience touches databases.
- Triage problems across the stack to help address production issues.
- Participate in an on-call rotation, and act as an escalation point for engineers when production issues related to datastores occur.
What You’ll Need:
- Experience running relational databases in large production environments (MySQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL).
- Strong design skills in database schema and systems architecture.
- Experience with any object oriented programming language like Python, Ruby, Java etc
- Strong understanding of SQL in the context of application performance and how to guide engineers to arrive at the optimal solution.
- Linux/Unix shell experience especially with troubleshooting production systems.
- Experience in a config management systems like chef, puppet, ansible, or terraform.
- Experience managing and scaling caching layers such as Memcached/Elasticache
Peloton is the largest interactive fitness platform in the world with a loyal community of more than 3 million Members. The company pioneered connected, technology-enabled fitness, and the streaming of immersive, instructor-led boutique classes for its Members anytime, anywhere. Peloton makes fitness entertaining, approachable, effective, and convenient, while fostering social connections that encourage its Members to be the best versions of themselves. An innovator at the nexus of fitness, technology, and media, Peloton has reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform that seamlessly combines the best equipment, proprietary networked software, and world-class streaming digital fitness and wellness content, creating a product that its Members love. The brand's immersive content is accessible through the Peloton Bike, Peloton Tread, Peloton Bike+, Peloton Tread+, and Peloton App, which allows access to a full slate of fitness classes across disciplines, on any iOS or Android device, Apple TV, Fire TV, Roku TVs, and Chromecast and Android TV. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in New York City, Peloton has a growing number of retail showrooms across the US, UK, Canada and Germany. For more information, visit www.onepeloton.com.