Senior Developer, WMS at Tapestry
Defined by inclusivity rather than exclusivity, Tapestry embraces the exploration of individuality and invests in helping you grow personally and professionally. Every individual in our global house has the opportunity to make an impact, learn and be part of our growing and unique story.
At Tapestry, we have the freedom to express ourselves and run with our best ideas across Coach, Kate Spade New York, and Stuart Weitzman. We share a profound belief in both our individual and collective potential, and know that with hard work and dedication, anything is possible.
The Senior Analyst, Lead Developer, Business Solutions, will be responsible for providing WM systems support to the Global Fulfillment Operation. Additional applications supported are custom applications, FKI-PTL, BluJay Parcel Integrator, QC, MHE Interfaces, Operational Reporting, etc. In this role, the person will be required to understand the business needs of these areas and to design and implement the appropriate technology solutions.
The successful individual will leverage their proficiency in Information Systems to...
- Partner with Business Units to understand and prioritize information needs, and translate business requirements into systems solutions. This would include requirements from eCOM, SAP, and interfaces with other systems.
- Partner with Corporate IS in the implementation of enhancements and resolution of issues when impacting the Fulfillment Center.
- Support the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle. Responsibilities include: Developing the functional and technical design, configuring WM, providing guidance to programmers, system testing, coordinating user testing and implementation into production.
- Provide support in the areas of data analysis, development and management, as well as participation in data warehousing initiatives.
- Participate in special initiatives as needed.
- Develop training materials and deliver systems training as needed.
- On-call support as needed.
- Systems development - WM development & configuration.
- Partner with Business Units, Customer Service, and Operations in the implementation and support of the application systems
- Partner with IS technical staff to design and implement solutions
- Communicate status/progress and issues to Business Management, End-users and IS management
- Responsible for problem solving at the level of the projects assigned.
The accomplished individual will possess...
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong inter-personal and organization skills
- Independent thinker and worker is desired
- Must have a good understanding, desire and ability to delve into cross-functional issues.
- Decision-making authority commensurate with individual's role on the project. The degree of complexity in problem solving will range from low to high depending on the project. At this level the individual will be able to look to peers and management for problem solving and decision-making direction.
- Bachelor's degree and a minimum of 3 years applications development experience preferred. (High Jump preferred, SAP Sales & Distribution or Order Management is a plus)
- A minimum of 3 years WM processing experience
- A minimum of 2 years warehouse operational experience helpful
- Cognos experience a plus
- Strong communication and facilitation skills, with experience in partnering with business users and other IS team members to design and implement systems
- Experience in managing multiple, simultaneous tasks
- Strong attention to detail while keeping an eye on the big picture
- HighJump/ Korber1 development background
- Oracle / MS SQL development
Our Competencies for All Employees
- Drive for Results: Can be counted on to exceed goals successfully; is constantly and consistently one of the top performers; very bottom-line oriented; steadfastly pushes self and others for results.
- Customer Focus: Is dedicated to meeting the expectations and requirements of internal and external customers; gets first-hand customer information and uses it for improvements in products and services; acts with customers in mind; establishes and maintains effective relationships with customers and gains their trust and respect.
- Creativity: Comes up with a lot of new and unique ideas; easily makes connections among previously unrelated notions; tends to be seen as original and value-added in brainstorming settings.
- Interpersonal Savvy: Relates well to all kinds of people, up, down, and sideways, inside and outside the organization; builds appropriate rapport; builds constructive and effective relationships; uses diplomacy and tact; can diffuse even high-tension situations comfortably.
- Learning on the Fly: Learns quickly when facing new problems; a relentless and versatile learner; open to change; analyzes both successes and failures for clues to improvement; experiments and will try anything to find solutions; enjoys the challenge of unfamiliar tasks; quickly grasps the essence and the underlying structure of anything.
- Perseverance: Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
- Dealing with Ambiguity: Can effectively cope with change; can shift gears comfortably; can decide and act without having the total picture; isn't upset when things are up in the air; doesn't have to finish things before moving on; can comfortably handle risk and uncertainty.
Our Competencies for All People Managers
- Strategic Agility: Sees ahead clearly; can anticipate future consequences and trends accurately; has broad knowledge and perspective; is future oriented; can articulately paint credible pictures and visions of possibilities and likelihoods; can create competitive and breakthrough strategies and plans.
- Building Effective Teams: Blends people into teams when needed; creates strong morale and spirit in their team; shares wins and successes; fosters open dialogue; lets people finish and be responsible for their work; defines success in terms of the whole team; creates a feeling of belonging in the team.
- Managerial Courage: Doesn't hold back anything that needs to be said; provides current, direct, complete, and "actionable" positive and corrective feedback to others; lets people know where they stand; faces up to people problems on any person or situation (not including direct reports) quickly and directly; is not afraid to take negative action when necessary.
Tapestry, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and we pride ourselves on hiring and developing the best people. All employment decisions (including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, transfer, training, discipline and termination) are based on the applicant's or employee's qualifications as they relate to the requirements of the position under consideration. These decisions are made without regard to age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic characteristics, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage, citizenship, disability, marital status, military status, pregnancy, or any other legally-recognized protected basis prohibited by applicable law. #LI-JW1 Visit Tapestry, Inc. at http://www.tapestry.com