Senior Director, Enterprise Data Engineering
At OnDeck, we make small business a big deal. We’re improving the world’s economic landscape by changing the way small businesses access capital. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count.
Our engineering teams have a significant amount of autonomy, a strong alignment and commitment to each other, as well high levels of technical acumen. We recognize that technology is the engine that empowers our customers to achieve their goals. We operate on a modern technology platform (AWS, microservices, containers, etc.) and are always looking to investigate and incorporate new ways of pushing the frontier of technology. We pride ourselves on having a high degree of agility and are continually improving our software and each other. We believe diversity is an advantage, and we seek out team members who are different. What makes you unique, makes our community and our technology exceptional. We value transparency and great ideas, promoting an environment where everyone, from the front-line engineer to the head of technology, has a voice.
OnDeck’s Senior Director of Enterprise Data Engineering is responsible for the administration of all Production and Data Warehouse infrastructure as well as the associated data pipelines between those environments. You will be accountable for availability of Production database instances, data pipelines from Production to Data Warehouse, and development of standards around pipelines and schema deployments. They are collaborators around the OnDeck development processes that aspires to predictable delivery of feature development, high availability of core systems, and responsiveness to business needs/opportunities . This position reports to the Head of Technology and works closely with the business stakeholders such as Risk, Marketing, Sales, and Capital Markets.
As the Senior Director of Enterprise Data Engineering at OnDeck, you will:
- Be accountable for all Production database infrastructure including administration of existing databases, deployment pipelines for schema changes, and ongoing care/nurture.
- Be accountable for all data pipelines from production to data warehouse systems to ensure that data delivery and availability SLAs are met.
- Establish and enforce standards and ensure that the capture and integration of data from diverse sources results in useful analysis and access by end users.
- Report directly to the Head of Technology and work closely with the business stakeholders such as Risk, Marketing, Sales, and Capital Markets.
Necessary qualifications for success:
- At least 10 progressive years of experience focused on data warehouse systems, databases and analytics
- Experience managing multiple teams with diverse technical skills and areas of focus
- Experience running complex and layered enterprise warehouses.
- Specific experience running on Snowflake and Postgres/Aurora
- Successful implementation running hybrid reporting solutions using flat and pre-aggregated, tool and power user driven
- Strong management and leadership capability
As the largest online small business lender in the U.S. serving more than 700 different industries, we have been trusted by over 80,000 small businesses by providing them with a term loan or line of credit to help them build growing and thriving enterprises. Since 2007, we’ve issued over $10 billion in capital.
Join us as we enable small businesses to achieve their goals. At OnDeck, we’re reinventing small business financing. We care intensely about each other, our company and the customers we serve, and are committed to making every day count. We are small enough to be nimble and strong enough to make a big impact.
OnDeck believes that each and every team member plays an important role in our company’s success. That’s why we strive to provide you and your family with a competitive and comprehensive benefit program with a variety of options and opportunities. We offer:
- Generous Vacation
- Comprehensive Healthcare
- Educational Reimbursement
- 401k Matching
- Parental Leave
- Sports Teams
- Stocked Kitchens
- Loan Consolidation
We are going to ask you to talk about your accomplishments. Here are some of ours:
- WorldatWork, 2017 Seal of Distinction
- Fortune 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity, 2016
- Fortune 50 Best Small and Medium Companies to Work For, 2016
- Fortune 30 Best Workplaces in Finance and Insurance, 2016
- Built in Colorado, Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Crain’s New York Business Fast 50, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Fortune and Great Place to Work 100 Best Workplaces for Millennials, 2015
- Fortune/Great Place To Work Great Rated! People’s Picks: 20 Great Workplaces in Financial Services, 2015
- Crain’s New York Best Places to Work, 2013, 2014, 2015
- Colorado SHRM Best Companies to Work For in Colorado, 2015
- Forbes’ America’s Most Promising Companies, 2013, 2014
- Selling Power Magazine Best Company to Sell For, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018
- 500|5000, 2013, 2014
As part of our dedication to maintaining an inclusive and diverse workforce, OnDeck provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, OnDeck complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
OnDeck expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of OnDeck’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
**No external recruiters or agents, please.**