Want to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth? Financial inequality is increasing, and too many people are getting left behind. At Stash, we are passionate about democratizing wealth creation through education, advice, and products that help customers achieve greater financial freedom.
Stash is seeking Principal Machine Learning Engineers to join our engineering team.
This role focuses on shipping ML-driven features that enhance the steady building of wealth and spend management for millions of our customers.
As a senior technical leader, you will work across many functions in the company from Design, Modeling, Engineering, Growth, Support and Fraud Prevention to enable sophisticated AI solutions at scale. We are looking for a technical leader with motivation to build beautiful, intuitive products with empathy for our customers. This is a career-defining opportunity, where you can help bring to market new categories of products including crypto products.
- Play a technical leadership role, influencing, collaborating and contributing to ML-driven product features that seamlessly help improve the customer’s financial condition
- Help lead the company’s machine learning technical direction to pursue opportunities that make the larger organization more efficient
- Develop entity graphs, feature stores, model training and model serving capabilities in a fault-tolerant distributed computing environment
- Collaborate with Data Scientists in building highly scalable ML models for NLP, Fraud Prevention, Growth, Recommenders, Personalization and other use cases
- Understand industry and company-wide trends to help develop new technologies
- 8+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: statistical classifiers to deep learning, reinforcement learning, NLP, personalized AI agents or recommenders
- 12+ years of experience in programming languages (Python, C++, Java or Scala)
- Proven track record of planning multi-year technical roadmap where short-term releases ladder into the long-term vision
- Experience communicating and working across functions to drive solutions
- Experience in mentoring/influencing senior engineers across organizations
- Eagerness to share your own ideas, and openness to those of others
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, such as AWS, Google Cloud or Azure
At Stash it is our mission to help everyday Americans invest and build wealth. That includes people of all races, genders, and abilities, so it is important to us to acknowledge and address the issues of inequality in financial services head on.
Diversity and inclusion are essential to living our values, promoting innovation, and building the best products. Our success is directly related to our employees and we believe that our team should reflect the diversity of the customers that we serve. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Stash is committed to building an inclusive environment for people of all backgrounds.
If you require any reasonable accommodations to make your application process more accessible please reach out to [email protected].
Invest in Yourself:
- Equity & Stash Accounts [Invest, Retire, Custodial, Bank]
- Flexible PTO
- Learning & Development Fund
- Work from Home Stipends
- Parental Leave [Primary & Secondary]
- BuiltIn’s Best Places to Work (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Forbes Fintech 50 (2019, 2020, 2021)
- Best Digital Bank, Finovate Awards (2020)
- Tearsheet Challenge Awards, Best Banking Card Product - Stock-Back® Card, 2020
- LendIt Fintech Innovator of the Year (2019 & 2020)
**No recruiters, please**
This position may be performed remotely anywhere within the United States except the State of Colorado.