Senior Engineer, Data Platform at Peloton
At Peloton, we treat Data as Product - a valuable asset and a critical piece of our decision making process. The mission of the Data Platform team is to democratize data and provide a cost-efficient, observable and reliable data platform that empowers and enables decentralized teams to accelerate their ability to safely use data to generate actionable insights and product features. Our core guiding principles are 1) enable data as a product 2) ensure data reliability and 3)optimize for data productivity.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer to join our Data Platform team to build out core data systems and tools that serve as the building blocks of our data platform. As a part of the Data Platform team, you will be working across a wide range of problems in the data ingestion, data compute, data transport, data orchestration, data interoperability and data privacy areas. Some of the few challenges you will work on in your first year are: How do we build a common multi-region event bus that powers the event-driven architecture at Peloton? How do we build a golden pipeline and framework for teams to ingest and expose their data to other teams? How do we build a multi-tenant batteries-included orchestration tool that can be used by teams? What are the compute frameworks we should standardize on for batch and streaming processing? How do we categorize and certify a golden dataset as meeting the quality standards? How do we ensure that PII datasets meet compliance requirements?You Will
- Be an owner and subject matter expert on one or more workstreams under Data Platform viz. Change Data Capture, Data Compute Frameworks, Data Modeling, Schemas & Serialization, Data Pipelining & Orchestration, Data Storage, Data Transport & Interoperability, Developer Portal, Data Lake Standards, Data Access & Control.
- Write technical specifications and efficient, high quality, well-tested code.
- Be an enabler and force multiplier to improve data productivity by building out self-service data systems, services and tools.
- Work with decentralized teams enabling them to create data pipelines and publish golden datasets.
- Educate and promote best practices around data engineering on decentralized stream-enabled teams.
- Coach and mentor engineers across the engineering team to build a data culture.
- You have 5+ years of experience in engineering, especially data infrastructure and data engineering.
- You have experience in a cloud environment like AWS and familiarity with tools like Kubernetes, Kafka, Airflow, Glue, Athena and Data Lake Formation.
- You have experience with Python or Scala and experience working on large distributed systems and frameworks like Spark/ Flink.
- You are passionate about event-driven architecture, microservices , data reliability, data privacy and quality.
- Proven experience working with rapid product development in an agile environment is preferred
- You are pragmatic without compromising on software quality and standards.
Peloton uses technology + design to connect the world through fitness, empowering people to be the best version of themselves anywhere, anytime. We have reinvented the fitness industry by developing a first-of-its-kind subscription platform. Seamlessly combining hardware, software, and streaming technology, we create digital fitness and wellness content and products that Members love. In 2020 Peloton committed to becoming an antiracist organization with the launch of the Peloton Pledge. Learn more, here.
Peloton is an equal opportunity employer and committed to creating an inclusive environment for all of our applicants. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you would like to request any accommodations from application through to interview, please email: [email protected]
Please be aware that fictitious job openings, consulting engagements, solicitations, or employment offers may be circulated on the Internet in an attempt to obtain privileged information, or to induce you to pay a fee for services related to recruitment or training. Peloton does NOT charge any application, processing, or training fee at any stage of the recruitment or hiring process. All genuine job openings will be posted here on our careers page and all communications from the Peloton recruiting team and/or hiring managers will be from an @onepeloton.com email address.
If you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email, letter or telephone communication purportedly from, for, or on behalf of Peloton, please email [email protected] before taking any further action in relation to the correspondence.
Peloton does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Agencies should not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Peloton employees or any other organization location. Peloton is not responsible for any agency fees related to unsolicited resumes.