Senior Experience Strategist
Our mission is to be the all-in-one platform for anyone who wants to stand out. We are looking for experienced design strategists to help guide the direction of future releases.
Experience Strategy is a new team at Squarespace. Equal parts strategy, research and design, the impact is focused on all Squarespace audiences. The output of this team will include service blueprints, ecosystem maps, user journey maps, user models, conceptual designs, research stimuli and experience principles for evolving products, processes and content, as well as the labor of focusing conversations around this work through socialization (workshop development; creation of promotional tools, presentations, research readouts; evangelization and education.)
You will sit within the Product Design organization, reporting to the Sr. Design Manager, Marketing Tools.
- Research team input, requirements, customer research and competitor data to guide experience strategy, identify new insights and opportunities, understand our customers, and test potential design solutions
- Partner closely with UX Research to conduct qualitative and quantitative research, from insights to implications, validated concepts and recommendations
- Document processes, workflows, current state audits/analysis, and requirements
- Translate experience objectives into tangible, meaningful and useful solutions or recommendations across products and services with consideration of the full end-to-end customer experience and integration points with other teams
- Prototype and test ideas collaboratively with other partners, allowing customers and employees to achieve their goals in new ways; Bring concepts to life using frameworks, sketches, prototypes across mediums
- Develop strategy and design of the end to end experience and the interactions that make up the service; Consult on design of touch points or operational elements of our products and service
- Create resources which the larger organization can use to assess their work against, see where there might be larger experience gaps
- Understand the stages and steps involved in usage and delivery; Translate propositions into an actual service customers can use
- Explore service metrics and partner across the business on feasibility and implementation, to observe and evaluate outcomes with senior business leaders
- 7+ years of experience in strategy, research & design with solid understanding of information architecture, systems thinking, experience design and service design principles
- Ability to understand the business impact of design decisions and create meaningful product value
- Demonstrated stakeholder management skills in a cross-functional environment and build collaborative relationships to ensure alignment and adoption of your work
- Ability to communicate across all levels and ensure comprehension by all relevant partners
- You are unafraid to (respectfully) articulate a bold point of view with your work while remaining supported by data and research
- Deep passion for our product and the impact that it has in the world
A portfolio of relevant design work is required for consideration. It should illustrate your involvement and how you contributed to solving specific problems.
Squarespace makes beautiful products to help people with creative ideas succeed. By blending elegant design and sophisticated engineering, we empower millions of people — from individuals and local artists to entrepreneurs shaping the world’s most iconic businesses — to share their stories with the world. Squarespace’s team of more than 1,000 is headquartered in downtown New York City, with offices in Dublin and Portland. For more information, visit www.squarespace.com/about.
Benefits & Perks
- Health insurance with 100% premium covered for you and your dependent children
- Flexible vacation & paid time off
- Up to 20 weeks of paid family leave
- Equity plan for all employees
- Retirement benefits with employer match
- Fertility and adoption benefits
- Free lunch and snacks at all offices
- Education reimbursement
- Dog-friendly workplace in New York office
- Commuter benefit in the form of reduced tax (Ireland) and pretax (US)
Today, more than a million people around the globe use Squarespace to share different perspectives and experiences with the world. Not only do we embrace and celebrate the diversity of our customer base, but we also strive for the same in our employees. At Squarespace, we are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.