Senior Health Technology Assessment Research, Quantitative Sciences
We are looking for a senior quantitative scientist with expertise and experience in the field of HEOR to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Here is what you need to know about the role, our team and why Flatiron Health could be the right next step in your career.
What you’ll do
The Health Technology Assessment team at Flatiron has two major objectives: (1) Collaboration with thought leaders, national and international health technology assessment (HTA) bodies on methods for enhancing appropriate use of Flatiron Health EHR data to support HTA submissions from sponsors, (2) Collaboration with individual sponsors of oncology drugs to scope HTA projects and collaborate on utilizing Flatiron Health EHR data for EMA/HTA strategy and applications.
We are looking for quantitative scientists with experience in HTA submissions to collaborate with our customers and HTA agencies. Furthermore, as a lead, you will work with Quantitative Scientists to answer some of the most important questions in cancer research and drug development using Flatiron’s unique, large real-world dataset. As a senior Quantitative Scientist on this HTA team, you will:
- Collaborate internally with the Flatiron Health HTA team members (for both commercial as well as research teams). In particular you will collaborate with the HTA program managers and the Head of the HTA team to help develop and execute Flatiron Health HTA strategy
- Understand the clinical/regulatory and health technology assessment paradigm and sponsor strategy through collaborations with sponsors/clients
- Help plan and execute collaboration with various HTA methods groups to advance methods/applications and pursue relevant joint publication strategy
- Be the point of contact and accountable for assessing project feasibility (e.g. patient counts, availability of desired data elements, etc) related to sponsor and HTA research requests
- Review and execution of analytical strategy
- Presentations at scientific conferences and meetings to advance the field of Real-World Evidence (RWE) research, particularly as it applies to EHR data
- Mentor and coach junior QS members within the team as appropriate
Who You Are
You are an analytical thinker with 3+ years of relevant full time work experience in HTA-related activities in an academic/industry setting. You are excited by the prospect of rolling up your sleeves to tackle meaningful problems each and every day. You are a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who seeks and gives candid feedback, and values the chance to make an important impact.
- You hold a Masters or PhD in a quantitative discipline preferably in health economics
- You would need to develop a solid understanding of our data models and RWD-appropriate analytic methods, which may necessitate familiarity with R statistical software
- You are an experienced HEOR and/or RWE scientist who has experience with HTA submissions
- You have experience collaborating with researchers in the life science industry, academia, or government agencies
- You have drug development/HTA experience and are able to understand or relate to the sponsor’s research questions and development strategy
- You have the ability to juggle multiple external interactions and deadlines simultaneously and the adaptability to collaborate with individuals at all levels and functions
- You have excellent written and oral communication skills and a deep attention to detail
- You are comfortable with doing R coding
- You are self-motivated, self-directed and proactive
- You can represent the data and analysis strategy, and get in the technical weeds to explain to our customers
- You are willing to travel (approximately 5-10%)
If this sounds like you, you'll fit right in at Flatiron.
- You have oncology experience
- You have healthcare consulting experience
- You have experience working with longitudinal EMR, cancer registry, or insurance claims data
- You have experience working with life sciences companies or health-related government agencies
Why You Should Join Our Team
A career at Flatiron is a chance to work with everyone involved in the future of cancer care and research—all under one roof. Researchers, data scientists, designers, clinicians, technologists and many more all work together to improve cancer care and accelerate research.
You'll also find a culture of continuous learning, broad and inclusive employee support offerings, and a commitment to supporting our team members in all aspects of their lives—at home, at work and everywhere in between. We offer:
- Flatiron University training curriculum which includes presentation skills, meeting mastery, coding languages and more
- Career coaching opportunities
- Hackathons for all employees (not just our engineers!)
- Professional development benefit for attending conferences, industry events and external courses
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Generous parental leave (16 weeks for either parent)
- Back-up child care
- Flatiron-sponsored fitness classes
Flatiron Health is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.