Passionate about precision medicine and advancing the healthcare industry?
Recent advancements in underlying technology have finally made it possible for AI to impact clinical care in a meaningful way. Tempus' proprietary platform connects an entire ecosystem of real-world evidence to deliver real-time, actionable insights to physicians, providing critical information about the right treatments for the right patients, at the right time.
The ideal candidate has significant expertise in the Natural Language Processing (Information Retrieval) and biomedical domain, and is eager to apply his or her skills to improve patient outcomes.
What You Will Do:
- Design and prototype novel Information Retrieval and Deep Learning Natural Language systems.
- End-to-end large scale machine learning model integration.
- Collaborate with product, science, engineering, and business development teams to build the most advanced data solutions in precision medicine.
- Interrogate analytical results for robustness, validity, and out of sample stability.
- Document, summarize, and present your findings to a group of peers and stakeholders.
- PhD in a quantitative or computational field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Machine Learning or related field.
- Significant experience in at least one of the fields: (1) Information Retrieval or (2) Natural Language processing.
- 2+ years of industry/academic experience in prototyping and building search engines (preferably in C/C++).
- 2+ years of programming experience in Python.
- Familiarity with ElasticSearch, Lucene, or Solr.
- Proficient in SQL.
- Experience designing and implementing large-scale distributed systems.
- Strong programming skills, familiarity with software development cycles, solid understanding of software concepts - data structures and algorithms.
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and willing to shift priorities seamlessly.
- Experience with communicating insights and presenting concepts to diverse audiences.
- Team player mindset and ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
- Goal orientation, self motivation, and drive to make a positive impact in healthcare.
- Proficiency in machine learning frameworks like scikit-learn and deep learning frameworks like Pytorch, Tensorflow, or Keras.
- Good familiarity with Natural Language Processing, Text Mining, Recommender Systems.
- Publications in SIGIR, CIKM, ACL, AAAI, KDD, EMNLP, ICML, ICLR, NeurIPS or equivalent.
- Familiarity with GCP or AWS clouds.
- Clinical/Healthcare domain experience.