We are NYC based but remote friendly!
Codecademy was started in 2011 by two college students in a dorm room at Columbia that were frustrated by the huge gap between education and employment. Almost a decade later, we are a rapidly growing, diverse team of about 200 distributed through North America and headquartered in SoHo, NYC. We’ve raised over $87.5m in venture capital funding from top investors including Kleiner Perkins, Naspers, Owl Ventures, Union Square Ventures, Y Combinator, and more.
If you want to help build a business that impacts tens of millions of people each year and helps them lead better lives, join us!
The Security & Compliance team helps to improve our security posture as we begin building our security and compliance programs. We will provide subject matter expertise on authentication, authorization, and other security implementations. Also coordinating security operations, including incident response, vendor risk management, asset management, security awareness training, privilege management, monitoring/detection, and other security and compliance processes.
If you’re passionate about developing administrative and technical security safeguards and countermeasures to protect the company, this is the team for you.WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Evangelize a culture of security throughout Codecademy through education, trust, and empathy
- Conduct risk assessments
- Perform security-related operations
- Perform configuration and application technical vulnerability assessments.
- Develop monitoring and detectives capabilities
- Participate in incident response, including monitoring, triaging, and investigation of security events and incidents
- Work with IT and Infrastructure teams on vulnerability and patch management
- Perform security audits and assessments
- Work with teams to remediate identified issues
- Collaborate with People Operations and other teams to develop policies and procedures
- Conduct vendor risk assessments
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in information security
- Proven track record in security operations
- Strong Python and/or Bash scripting
- Strong incident response experience
- Strong communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Experience coordinating 3rd party/ vendor risk management or other security processes
- Knowledge of computing and security concepts and demonstrated understanding of networking fundamentals
- Use of common cybersecurity tools
- Experience with *nix, MacOS, cloud infrastructure
At Codecademy, we are committed to teaching people the skills they need to upgrade their careers. Codecademy aims to educate a richly diverse demographic of users with our product and in order to accomplish this, we believe our team should reflect that rich diversity. Our company celebrates diversity in all of its forms-- race, gender, color, national origin, marital status, sexuality, religion, veteran status, age, ability, disability status-- and works to create an inclusive workplace where people of all backgrounds and beliefs are empowered to better their futures.#LI-Remote