Senior Machine Learning Engineer at Hinge
Who We Are Looking For:
Hinge is looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the Data Science team. Our team applies machine learning and advanced analytics to all facets of the product and business, and in helping us bridge the gap between prototypes and production-grade systems, you will help unlock the full value of data science across multiple verticals of the company. We think this role is most suited for an experienced software engineer who has recently begun to pivot toward machine learning, but would love to talk to anyone who is passionate about tackling the engineering challenges of data science. You will be an integral member of the engineering org and report to the Director of Data Science.What We Are Working On:
- Recommender systems, to help our members connect
- Fraud and abuse prevention, to keep our members safe
- Marketing attribution, to understand where our members come from
- Experimentation platform, to iteratively improve member experience
- Data quality anomaly detection, because data is kind of the operative word in data science… and so on.
- There is no shortage of impactful challenges that leverage our immensely interesting data sets, and you are empowered to realize your own vision of what machine learning can be at Hinge
- Productionize data science models and pipelines at scale
- Develop machine learning infrastructure to enable seamless prototyping, deployment, and upkeep of models
- Establish and evolve engineering best practices for Data Science
- Drive collaborations with Data, Backend, and Site Reliability Engineering, especially on holistic initiatives such as scaling, security, and data management
- 5+ years of experience as backend, data, or ML engineer
- 1+ years of experience in building data science products
- Proficiency in Python and SQL, bonus points for knowledge of Golang and JVM languages such as Java or Scala
- Experience with data pipelines, workflow managers (e.g. Airflow), big data technologies (e.g. Spark), and cloud platforms (e.g. AWS)
- Experience with principles and tools of modern engineering practices (e.g. Docker, CircleCI)
- Ability to investigate and evaluate new tools, build POCs, and integrate the new tools into existing infrastructure
- Working knowledge of basic machine learning principles and models, with interest in and aptitude for developing further expertise
- Strong sense of intellectual curiosity
- Exceptional communication skills, as evidenced by ability to explain engineering principles to data scientists, data science principles to engineers, and both to non-technical stakeholders
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.Our Culture:
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental and vision
- Great perks including class pass memberships, development stipend, date stipend, and much more!
- All the computer gear you need to improve your productivity
- Work-life flexibility - we value your contributions above all
- Amazing office in NYC