Getting together with real people in real life makes powerful things happen. Side hustles become careers, ideas become movements, and chance encounters become lifelong connections. Meetup brings people together to build thriving communities. Show up. Change lives.
Every year, millions of people RSVP to an eclectic variety of Meetups around the world. Activity on Meetup is growing faster than ever and by studying it, we’re learning how to help members discover the groups and events that are right for them -- sparking new ways to make their worlds come alive than ever before. We are a collaborative and dedicated team seeking machine learning engineers to join us in designing and building the future vision of Meetup.
What you'll get to do:
You imagine a world more easily connected, where people come together in real life, meet, and do more of the things that empower personal growth through real human connections. We are looking to add engineers to our machine learning team to:
- Use machine learning to improve Meetup's recommendation, search and notification systems
- Design, build, and own every aspect of our low-latency personalization platform
- Develop your leadership skills while mentoring other specialists
- Collaborate with product and design to leverage data and algorithms to improve the user experience
- Recruit and present on behalf of Meetup at technical conferences and Meetup events
Who you are:
- BS+ degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or related programs
- 5+ years work/educational experience building data products (e.g. recommendations, predictions, NLP)
- Contributed to large codebases in Scala, Java or Python
- Hands-on experience using machine learning frameworks to robustly build, validate, test, and monitor statistical models
- Implement machine learning algorithms in cloud and horizontally scalable environments (MapReduce, Hadoop, Spark)
- Experience with both relational and NoSQL (DynamoDB, Redis) databases and RESTful APIs
Meetup employees are bold, supportive, and passionate about enabling people coming together and creating the future of real community; a future where people embrace their differences and similarities, show up, do things, and turn to each other to improve their lives. We care about moving fast, real-world change, and proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to hiring and developing diverse, dynamic teams in a safe and inclusive environment.