We are seeking a Senior Machine Learning Engineer to join the Recommender group, reporting to the Director of Data Science. You will turn algorithmic prototypes into production-grade systems that power Hinge’s matchmaking engine. This is a highly impactful role both in terms of affecting user experience on the app and advancing the company’s ML engineering capabilities.
- Work cross-functionally with product managers, data scientists, and other engineers to build and evolve the Hinge recommender
- Productionize machine learning algorithms and pipelines at scale
- Improve monitoring and observability of various recommender components
- Bridge technical communication between data scientists and engineers
- Provide thought leadership on ML engineering stack and technical direction
- 5+ years of experience as ML, backend, or data engineer
- 2+ years of experience in building machine learning systems
- Proficiency in Python, SQL, and shell scripting, with bonus points for knowledge of Golang and/or JVM languages such as Java or Scala
- Experience with data pipelines, workflow managers (e.g. Airflow), event streaming platforms (e.g. Kafka), and container technologies (e.g. Docker, Kubernetes)
- Experience with Spark is strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of basic machine learning principles and methods, with interest in and aptitude for developing further expertise
- Experience with recommender systems is a plus
- Attention to detail
- Superb communication skills
Hinge is the dating app for people who want to get off dating apps. In today’s digital world, singles are so busy matching that they’re not actually connecting, in person, where it counts. Hinge is on a mission to change that. So we built an app that’s designed to be deleted. On Hinge, there are no rules, timers, or games. Instead, you’ll meet your most compatible matches and you’ll have unique conversations over what you’ve shared on your detailed profile. It’s a natural way to find a great first date. Currently, 3 out of 4 first dates lead to second dates, we’re the #1 mobile-first dating app mentioned in the New York Times wedding section, and we’re the fastest growing dating app in the US, UK, Canada, and Australia.
- Authenticity: Share your genuine thoughts and opinions directly.
- Courage: Invite and deeply consider challenges and criticism.
- Empathy: Be empathetic, communitarian and trustworthy.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description