Senior Machine Learning Researcher at Eight Sleep
Eight Sleep is the first sleep fitness company. At Eight Sleep we design products at the forefront of sleep innovation. Our mission is to fuel human potential through optimal sleep. We use innovative technology, detailed design, and proven science and data to personalize and improve each night for everybody—changing the way people sleep forever and for better.
Backed by leading Silicon Valley investors including Founders Fund, Khosla Ventures and Y Combinator, we’ve raised 68 million to date. We were recognized as one of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies in Consumer Electronics in 2018.
Our temperature-regulated smart bed, the Pod is an absolute game changer, improving people's health and happiness by changing the way they sleep. It was named one of Time Magazine’s Best Inventions of 2019. We’re excited by the recognition and still have a long way to go toward achieving our mission.
Eight Sleep is looking for an experienced Machine Learning Researcher to join our team. The ideal candidate has practical experience with modern ML frameworks, is able to pursue and publish new research directions, rapidly prototype ideas from the latest research and has an extensive track record of shipping cutting-edge and impactful ML products.
The ML researcher will be responsible for harnessing the power of the more than 40 trillion health data points we have collected with the goal of building the first hardware + software sleep fitness solution to optimize human potential through better sleep.
How you’ll contribute:
- Develop highly scalable algorithms based on state-of-the-art machine learning and neural network methodologies
- Combine broad and deep knowledge of relevant research domains with the ability to synthesize a wide range of requirements to make significant contributions to the feature roadmap for the applied machine learning function
- Pursue and publish new research directions
- Work closely with product teams to in order to drive maximum product enhancements through the use of research
- Ensure strong relations with academic institutions
What you’ll need to succeed:
- MS degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field; Ph.D degree in Computer Science or a related quantitative field preferred
- 5+ years of machine learning research and engineering experience in a leading academic or industry context
- Excellent grasp of the mathematical foundations of machine learning theory and recent advances in the field
- Comfortable doing anything and everything in modern Python and processing data in Unix-like systems and cloud first environments.
- Strong research track record focused on foundational machine learning: supervised & unsupervised learning, reinforcement learning, deep learning, representation learning, optimization, causal inference & counterfactual reasoning
- Applied machine learning in areas such as information retrieval, recommendation, computational advertising, and natural language processing
- Experience working in fast-paced, multidisciplinary, and collaborative environments
- Experience working closely with product teams
Why you'll love Eight Sleep:
- We’re a tight-knit, passionate team that’s working to improve people’s lives by improving the way they sleep
- Unique opportunity of joining at the early stage of a hyper-growth startup.
- Leadership is committed to employees’ wellness and career development
- You’ll get a better night sleep every night; all full-time employees receive the Pod
- Unlimited vacation
- 100% employer contribution for medical/dental/vision insurance
- Discounted gym memberships, commuter benefits
- Weekly team happy hours and lunches
- Office snacks
At Eight Sleep we continually celebrate the diverse community different individuals cultivate. As an equal opportunity employer, we stay true to our values by ensuring everyone feels they can flourish and grow. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status.